Chapter 6: The Legacy of Life and Death

(And now that Idia's book is out, this is good to be finished! Was worried there for a second, but yahoo! Anyway, his book was a lot of fun! I haven't had that much fun with a boss fight in a while! Anyway, do you like angst and tragedies? Here is comes! Enjoy!)

           And so, they were taken to a lounge room and were told to wait there until further notice. Except for Idia who was separated from them the moment they arrived at the World Tree. So, the rest were waiting in the lounge and wondering what would be next for them.

Malleus was sitting at a desk with his eyes closed with Yuu sitting next to him and holding his hand. She was tense with Grim sitting on the table with a sadden expression. Lilia was checking on Sebek with Silver sleeping in a seat of his own.

Cater and Trey were sitting on each side of Ace and Deuce. Both were frustrated and silent with their failure as their juniors were trying to comfort them. Chenya was leaning on the wall behind them with his hands crossed over his chest. He wasn't happy with everything he witnessed.

Jack was sitting on the ground with his arms crossed. Epel was behind him and keeping quiet as he glanced at everyone, unsure of what to even say. Najma sitting with them as she shook her head at Epel. Suggesting that they remain quiet and wait.

Ephemer and Shulk were sitting at the table, unsure of what to even say. Brain was standing behind them and tapping away on his Gummi phone. He glanced at Ortho who was sitting beside him and looking defeated. He wasn't speaking as Brain shook his head. Lea and Isa were standing near the doors.

No one could say anything about this situation and wondered how they were going to get themselves out of this situation.

The doors opened as Idia finally stepped through it. Everyone turned their attention to him and waited to hear from him first. He finally sighed in relief and took a seat at the table before slouching against it.

"Shroud? How do you fare? How does Ver fare?" Malleus spoke as he pulled his joined hand with Yuu under the table.

Ortho rose and hover hesitantly to his big brother. He kept his distance as Brain leaned against him to give him some comfort.

"I'm not aggro, if that's what you're asking. Exhausted, yes, but fine. I'm not in too much trouble. Olympus still wants me for an intern and values my work. Father isn't upset and wants me to study the destroyed Charon robots. I'm still punished to not return to work at S.T.Y.X, but that's fine" Idia explained as calmly as he could, "Pina's fine too. She's been taken to her mother's room with Mentha. They'll continue with the ceremony"

He glanced to Ortho and held his arms out. His little brother rushed to embrace his big brother warmly and cried a little.

"Sorry for being harsh back there. I was upset and frustrated with what you did" Idia apologized as he rubbed Ortho's head gently, "But that terrified me. You and Pina are important to me. You cannot do something so dangerous and reckless. That's not ok, alright, Ortho?"

He pulled away to check on his little brother who nodded his head in understanding. Idia sighed in relief and let his little brother go.

"Oh, and we won't be able to leave until the ceremony is over" Idia informed them, "The ceremony is supposed to happen without anyone travelling to and from the mirror. We are stuck here until it is over. Sorry about that, but that is tradition with the First Ver and Shroud"

Everyone understood and remained quiet except for Brain coughing.

"So, we can't see Little Miss Nature then?" he asked as he glanced to the heir.

"Why do you want to see her?" Idia asked suspiciously.

"Oh! That's right!" Ortho exclaimed before turning to his big brother, "I am fine with being grounded. I do deserve it, and I have not experienced it either. However, she said something concerning! Brain was able to pick up on it! Big brother, she might be in danger!"