Chapter 9: To Defy the Will of the Gods

(One more chapter and then this is finished! I am really happy with how this turned out along with the views! Both on here and Archive! It really means a lot. I cannot wait to see your reactions to the finale. Enjoy!) 

      "Are you sure you can hang on, Chenya?" Trey asked as he helped his friend walk.

"I'll be much better once we help Pina and her mother" Chenya replied tiredly but with determination.

Idia approached the duo Heartslabyul and Chenya. They each gave him an encouraging expression before they left together for the stage.

"Let's get the lead out and save the Vers!" Lea announced with an excited grin.

As for Brain's group, they arrived at the bottom of the World Tree where a bunch of guards were waiting for them.

"Well, at least she's learning from her past mistakes" Brain said with a grin as Ephemer laughed in agreement.

Skuld summoned her keyblade as Ace, Deuce, Jack, Epel, Najma, and Sebek prepared themselves for a fight by holding their magic pens out.

"Alright! Remember!" Ephemer spoke as he took point as the leader, "We only want to knock them out. Do not do anything more to them. Ace, I know you want to, but do not"

Ace groaned at being caught before the fight broke out.

"Brain, you've got your mission. Are you sure you can handle it?" Ephemer whispered to his friend.

"Oh, yeah. This is going to be easy" Brain reassured his leader with a grin and tipped his hat up, "But I believe we need the order to start our missions!"

Ephemer shook his head at his friend before nodding his head, "Ok, everyone! Do not hold anything back! Give it everything you've got!"

"Finally!" Ace shouted excitedly as Jack and Sebek ran on ahead first with Skuld following them.

Deuce, Najma, and Epel were standing with Ephemer and Brain as they slowly made their way to the exits. Skuld let out a hearty laugh before jumping and raising her Starlight Keyblade above her head. She slammed it on the marble floor to blow the guards back with Sebek taking advantage of their distress to cast, powerful, green lightning to paralyze the guards!

"Haha!" Sebek declared in triumph, "You will have to do better than that to defeat one of Lord Malleus' guards!"

A few guards were about to jump him, but Jack transformed into a wolf and rammed his head to knock the guards back.

Sebek scoffed at Jack's help and replied, "I could've handled that myself, you know. Please only help if I ask for it!"

Jack growled at him as Skuld threw her keyblade between them to knock a few incoming guards out before she walked right pass them. They were impressed that she was strong enough to do that before rushing to fight the other guards. Skuld summoned her keyblade back to her as she, Jack, and Sebek found themselves surrounded.

"Jack! Sebek! Follow my lead, please!" Skuld shouted excitedly with both holding surprised expressions.

They were prepared as she took a strong stance. She let out a yell before slamming her keyblade on the marble floor break it and cause the pieces of the floor to be tossed in the air!

"Sebek! Lighting!" Skuld shouted as she cast a few magic spells to make the debris still float in the air and around a large group of guards.

"R-roger!" he shouted as he held his pen and raised it to gather a large amount of lightning, "Yarh!"

He unleashed the lightning to strike the debris. The lighting burst and shocked a few guards, but some were making their way to the exits to warn Miss Ver of their assault.