Chapter 29

"I'm finally back"

He looked at his hands and stood up, taking his coat and left the room.

______________

'Damn it nothing has changed.' he cursed

He had to find the princess again one way or another. He lacked the manpower to prevent that disaster from occuring again. The disaster that he caused.

"What are you doing?"

He turned around and saw Shin eyeing him. He couldn't sleep and was about to get some fresh air but found Ren who was about to sneak out.

He held Shin's hands, and earnestly said "Saving you!" and ran away leaving Shin confused.

"....." Shin went back to his room and grabbed a cloak, determined to find out what Ren was doing.

_____________

He looked at the castle where the princess resided in from afar. He could also sense Shin wasn't that far away. And so he decided to use the brooch.

"Match"

The system wasn't here anymore to tell how much time was left, so he has to be careful. But instead of going to the castle, he went to a nearby tavern.He wasn't stupid enough to go against the entire Royal family.

____________

Shin looked left and right trying to find Ren but to no avail. Having no choice, he summoned asil and commanded it to find traces of Ren. Asil used snow to mark the traces.

____________

He entered the tavern and found that it was desolate. There were no people to be found except for a woman and a man drinking at the side. Just from afar, the lady was like a petite angel while the man was like a guard dog. Her hair was a beautiful blonde color, and her eyes would remind people of the sea at sunset. This was who he was looking for. He turned off the brooch and alerted the two of them. When the lady looked, she went mad.

"You...! Avery catch him!" she shouted

The man immediately pulled out his sword and went on the offense, trying to seize him. But he easily dodged all the attacks. While dodging, he even chatted with the two.

"Easy there, we're still in public. Greetings, Princess Anastasia...or should I say, the real Ren?"

he stood there like a statue

"Just who the hell are you?" he asked barely keeping in his shock and anger.

He only smiled and asked, "Would you believe me if I said I came from another world?"

He smiled.

"My name is Guren. I'm here to make a deal with you, Ren."

"What would I get from making a deal with some stranger inside my body? I should just lock you up and break your legs." Ren said coldly.

However this did not have an effect on Guren, he merely replied "I can give you information. Information that will lead to you getting the throne. In return, I ask for your power when the time is right."

"We have no reason to trust you" He said flat out.

"Oh but you don't have a choice"

Suddenly chains began to appear aiming their arrows at the Princess and Avery.

But…

"REN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING"

With his sword, he intercepted the arrows. Clangs of metal were heard along with it. Shin was displeased. Attacking a member of the royal family? Does he have a death wish? No he can't let anything happen to him. But why? He wondered. But then put unnecessary thoughts at the back of his mind.

Ren was even more displeased. He didn't realize Shin had already learned to use Asil in that way. Now he was getting in the way of his plan. Unfortunately even with his memories and mana regained, it will he tough battling it out with Shin. Not to mention having that Ren and that damn old man in the equation.

It was 3 to 1 now.

"Aegis!" Ren shouted

A green forcefield covered his entire body and right about when it finished covering him, he took out his gun. The three looked at him wearily.

"Three days. An undead boss will appear. It will be devastating to the capital if not handled properly."

BANG

With Ren triggering his gun the surroundings became pitch black for the three. Right when Shin was about to move behind a few steps, he felt a soft and moist thing touching his lips.

"....mph!"

Slowly that soft and moist thing invaded even his mouth. Their tongues swirled together. Their lips only parted for a moment for air before going back for more. Finally letting go, they both gasped for air. It tastes a bit like cake Ren thought. He smirked.

"Payback" He said

He then rushed out the building using his brooch leaving Shin there, flustered. He was terrified. Not only did he not despise it, he didn't even mind when he thought of Ren doing it! He! didn't! fight! back!

The pitch black fog cleared up and you could see the flush of red Shin from his face, ears, and nape.

"Shin Lotriare?" The Princess's voice could be heard.

That's when he finally snapped out of it. He bowed down and greeted her.

"Greetings, Princess Anastasia"

"We have a lot of things to discuss" She said in a grave tone that was meant to be imposing but due to her voice and stature, it sounded like a child trying to act seriously.

Shin could roughly guess what they were going to talk about. He was worried for Ren. Even if…he did that thing…with him.

This was going to be a long night.

------------
Author's note: Guess who's back 😩 April fools' baby

If you guys ever wanna chat with me hit me up on discord zen_hydenshi