Chapter 28

In the end, they managed to suppress the undead. After which Shin and Shirlette turned to our protagonist, Ren, still wearing an absurd outfit. While Shin was skeptical thinking 'yet again, another weirdo has appeared', Shirlette paid no heed to the outfit after her initial surprise and thanked him. This time Ren came prepared and asked the system for a voice changer making his voice seem deeper. So when he said "You're welcome" acting shy, it gave Shin goosebumps.

Shirlette and Shin saw the tattered book Ren threw on the ground a while ago and decided to pick it up.

They both read the title out loud "69 ways in having-"

"I- I found that at a random bookstore I really did" Ren tried defending himself.

The pair looked at each other and then looked at him. They both thought the same thing.

"Pervert"

After experiencing the pain of losing his beloved books, and was labelled a pervert, he decided to run away with tears in his eyes. Poor Ren, all he wanted was to do the deed yet was humiliated.

___________________________

'System'
System : what does host need?
'You really don't have any pornos?'
......
During the next few weeks, nothing abnormal happened making Ren sigh in relief. But there was a sense of foreboding still present that he couldn't shake off.

___________________________

The Freya Academy had already finished their repairs and finally, the results on who passed were out. Naturally, Shin, Aira, Sherry, her master Hera, and Alex passed. Although some had failed the practical exam, their potential and written exam results were out of the roof hence, letting them pass.

Now it was Ren's turn.

'Fuck fuck I'm sure I did well enough....' he thought

He slowly opened his eyes and look through the list of people who passed. After a few seconds...

"THERE!" He passed, he really did.

Shin looked at Ren and cannot help but feel relieved.

wait, relieved?
.....
________________________

Today was finally the day. Shin and his companions were going to travel to Exio located in the kingdom of Cygnus. There were still 2 years left before the true beginning of the story.

Shin's family had tears in their eyes, especially Shirlette. They spoil their son/grandson too much.

"Promise me you'll come and visit during the holidays Shin" Shirlette said

"Of course mom! I'll even bring snacks whenever I come back" Shin replied, with the biggest grin on his face.

'Uwahh so even he can make that kind of face' Ren thought

And so, they set off. The estimate time to arrive at Exio by carriage would be in 3 days time.

First day :
It was not bad for Ren at all. The carriage was spacious and there was an ample amount of food. Although Ren could start to see Alex and Sherry notice the actions of Aria and Shin green with envy. 'Women are scary' Ren thought

Second day :
It was nighttime and the ladies were already sleeping. It was Ren and Shin's turn to guard the camp. Ren yawned, bored out of his mind. He decided to sit down while firmly gripping the ice dagger he used during his matches. Shin ended up giving it away to him. Score!

"Young master Shin, would you like some snacks? This servant shall get some for you"

"No need"
.....

'This is too awkward. SOMEONE SAVE ME' ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽

Just then there was some rustling in the bushes.

'Finally! something to do!'

Ren immediately injected mana in his dagger and turned it into a sword. Some undead creatures and werewolves started appearing, surrounding the base camp.

"Deal with the ones behind me" Shin said

"Yes, young master"

Ren may or may not have been training with Wolford. Manipu- I mean with the help of a legendary swordsman (although always drunk) his sword skills have somewhat improved. For the undead creatures, he immediately put holy water on the sword to raise the effectiveness of his attack. Slash after slash, the rotting flesh of the undead started to sizzle. Inhuman screams followed before they were finally destroyed. For Shin, all he had to do was infuse his sword with the ice element and immediately, the werewolves were frozen in place, then cut into cubes.

'Remind me to never make Shin seriously mad...He might just freeze me and chop me up then feed me to the dogs....'

Ren raised his hand at Shin, waiting for him to high five him back. But he was confused and instead took his hand and shook it.
"...."
"...."

Back to the beginning.

Third day :
Nothing much had happened on the third day. Except a picnic with everyone during lunchtime. The food prepared by Sherry was extremely delicious. Everyone complimented her resulting in her blushing up till her ears.

During late afternoon, they finally arrived at the gates of Exio.  It was filled with students, some even playing with their magic. The main building looked very bright. With a shiny moon at the top that acted as the school's shield. Only those with an Identity gem could pass through.

"We've finally arrived!" Aria said excitedly

Alex sized up the other students while Sherry and Hera looked in awe.

"The Moon God's protection?" Hera asked.

Ren tried recalling the religions in the book Ways of Love. If he remembers correctly, the main religion of the Kingdom of Cygnus would be of the Moon God.

It was already late, so they had decided to go rest in the dorms tonight and move their things there the next day. Without much effort, they located the dorms and the boys and girls said goodbye to each other, going in opposite directions. I could see the girls being hesitant in leaving Shin. Ren envied Shin in having a harem.

'Bah! what matters is that I'm alive' Ren comforted himself.

Ren's room was just in front of Shin's. Servant's rooms were on the left while their masters were on the right.
When he saw the bed, he immediately pounced on it and slept like a baby.

•System•
Erro-r Err-or Error....

Suddenly, Ren opened his eyes.

Note :
curses my phone broke (ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻