PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE
↳ the 67th hunger games

PROLOGUE↳ the 67th hunger games

ONLY ONE COULD LIVE AND AZRAIL ROYCE KNEW THAT WITH HIS ENTIRE BEING AS HE STARED AT HIS YOUNGER SISTER

ONLY ONE COULD LIVE AND AZRAIL ROYCE KNEW THAT WITH HIS ENTIRE BEING AS HE STARED AT HIS YOUNGER SISTER. The eighteen year old boy tried to stomach the potential of Clio Royce's death, but every thought alone made him choke with a gag already threatening to unveil his weaknesses.

All their lives, It seemed to just be him and Clio. He was eleven when their parents died, Clio was only seven. Death seemed to favour the Royce family, presenting them with garlands of lilies on graying stones.

Emery and Danae Royce were no strangers to death. They had witnessed his painful skeletal hold several times in their lives, but it seemed they were the next ones he held. They had gotten involved in a factory accident, a lot of people did. Azrail could still recall the overfilled hospitals, the smell of disinfectant, and the sound of wailing. He could still remember holding Clio close as they said goodbye to their parents, the hoarse breaths resounding from their corpse like remains.

"If we set up camp here, we can wait out until someone gets caught in our trap." Azrail Royce passed his younger sister some ointment sent by a sponsor, unscrewing the lid since he knew she was in no position to do that herself. He held onto the lid as she grabbed the container, still shaking from earlier's encounters. He watched her carefully, not wanting to take his eyes off her. If he did, who knows what would happen. The fourteen year old girl nodded, heaving slightly as her fingers dipped in the cream, smearing the liquid onto the cuts. She winced ever so slightly. He pressed a small kiss on her forehead, ruffling her seemingly white hair. "Then we wait."

Clio spoke up quietly, her voice hoarse from disuse. "For what?"

"Them all to kill each other? Someone to get stuck in our trap?" It was just a suggestion, though Azrail could tell by Clio's scowl that she wasn't fond of the idea. He didn't like the idea either, but neither of them had a choice. No one did.

"Then what happens if we are both the last ones?" It was a chilling question, even more chilling from the fourteen year old girl who sat timidly on the branch.

Azrail shook his head, not wanting to reply. "How's your stab?"

He stared at her arm, wincing at the stains of blood which still ran clearly. It happened when the pair had been found by the band of Careers, more specifically Isayah, his partner, Alys, and the District 2 pair.