VIII. PROPAGATE THE KILLER

CHAPTER EIGHT
propagate the killer

CHAPTER EIGHT propagate the killer

( content warning - allusions to rape, torture, unwanted voyeurismsummary is at the end of the chapter  )

rape, torture, unwanted voyeurism
summary is at the end of the chapter  )

FROM ACROSS THE ROOM, FINNICK ODAIR'S SEA GREEN EYES DROWNED CLIO ROYCE LIKE A RIPPLING TIDAL WAVE. His eyes were the most prominent thing in the room crowded with victors, gradually shrinking in size as a robotic voice summoned each of them for their demonstration. Clio was sat besides Johanna, laying slightly on the District 7 girl's shoulder, with heavy eyes as she waited for her time to come. Johanna's hands were messing with her hair, taking the braids and braiding them together, then undoing them simultaneously. It was soothing and it took Clio's mind off Finnick's eyes.

If she could, she'd die looking into those eyes. That would truly be a beautiful way to go. She'd die drowning in their beauty, preserving them in her corpse for all eternity. Even as they buried her, they'd forever be marked by his sea green eyes.

She could still remember the feeling of his lips against hers. It wasn't an unpleasant memory, like all those other people from previous meetings. The memory of his lips was soft, beautiful, but most of all - it was wanted. Nothing had ever felt so right as Finnick Odair's lips on hers, the world seeming to freeze in that moment as they collided.

As his name was called, he walked right past her and winked, earning a small smile from Clio. She could feel Johanna's eyes on her, eyeing her suspiciously before lowly whispering under her breath. "Has something happened between you two?"

Clio whispered back, a small smile already on her lips. "You could say that."

Johanna's mouth fell open as she stared at Clio's smile. "Shut up, you didn't, did you?"

Clio gave a coy grin. "I don't know what you are insinuating, Jo."

From the corner of her eyes, she could see Katniss Everdeen's gaze placed on her interaction with the District 7 tribute. Clio Royce knew her friendship with Johanna Mason appeared odd from a distance. She could feel Katniss' eyes on her, undoubtably trying to work her out. Sometimes, Clio liked the fact she was quite unknown to outsiders, other times, it was a curse. To the majority of Panem, Clio Royce was the Capitol's plaything - their little doll they used whenever they pleased. They'd dress her, undress her, play with her and discard her, leaving her broken and bruised for the next wealthy person to take. None of them knew Clio though, not like people like Finnick and Johanna. None of those men and women knew of her little habits, how she cried at the stars because she could see Azrail up there, how she cries when his birthday passes by without him.