1; Holistic living.

24th, February 2023.

"Who is driving us?" Lailah asked.
"The other cars are filled. Let's get into mine. We can't be late for the entrance'" I said to lailah and Afreen.
"Fancy the Bride's best friends missing her entrance" Afreen chided in.
"Let's go" I said.
We walked to my Audi a6 with the aid of our phone's flashlights because it was dark. Past 10 and the wedding dinner was starting 10:30.
I ignited the engine and revved out of the compound, off to the hall, stepping on the pedals making the trees lining Abuja roads race along with us.
"Afi" Afreen who sat beside me at the passenger's seat called, facing her iPhone 13pro max camera to me.
Reeny and snaps ehn...
"Hi!" I said to the camera with a smile and turned back to the road.
Nobody wants to die fa!
My iPhone 14pro max dinged continuously indicating a call
"Amariya su" Afreen said picking up the phone.
" Where are you guys mana.!" Nafisah's voice boomed from my phone.
"We are on our way amariyan.Mahmud, haba! Don't vex naa!" Afreen said and we all chuckled.
"Okay ooo, sha let them start the event without you trio here, wallahi I will disown you!" She said and hung up.
"She don vex oo!" Lailah said from the backseat.

We finally got to the hall and raced in to meet the bride's entrance with the remaining bridesmaid in our heels.
"God saved your a**es!" Nafisah said as we side-hugged her and cameras clicked.
We did the mini entrance possession and the event officially started.
I, Afreen and lailah had prepared a surprise for Nafisah so that was the first thing the M.C announced; a little video/documentary on how we became friends and our journey together. The video ended on the big projector where we prayed for blessings In her marriage. Nafisah being herself was already a crying mess so we went up the stage to hug her and pacify her.
The other events continued and my younger brother's call came through so I stepped out of the hall to receive it. I stood beside a randomly parked black 4matic Benz when my breaths hitched and I first saw him.......

•Afrah•

Abuja, Nigeria.

"5 minutes late" I mumbled getting off my car and slamming the door. With my phone and car key in my hand, I jogged into the airport and went to the 'arrivals' space and tried to fish out my six cousins from the crowd.
"You should get a glasses" I heard a voice say. I turned around and met with Hannah and the rest, glaring playfully at me.
"Arghhhh!, I freaking missed y'all!!" I said jumping on the girls and fist-bumping the guys.
The seven of us are literally inseparable!.
"You made us wait for 10 minutes extra!" Hind accused.
"Haba! It's 5 minutes, don't exaggerate!" I said hitting her playfully.
"Ehn? 5 minutes? Shey you no know say we dey fast ni?" Hamzah asked in his poor pidgin.
"Are you the only one fasting? Am I not fasting too?" I retorted eyeing him.
" I sha hope you have prepared a feast for iftar!" Haneef said.
"Food monger!"His sister, haneefah said.
"Na you sabi!"
"Kai!, this one that you are silent Hakeem, hope all is well?" I asked hitting him.

To be frank, none of us are gentle, if you see us behaving normal then know that it is just a façade!
"The fast has entered my blood!"
"Eyyah!, we have just two days left and boom!.. It's Eid!" I pacified
"Yeah but this Ramadan is longer than all the last ones Ooo!" Hakeem lamented.
" I swear, I thought I was the only one noticing it!" Hannah said.
"Na so e be!" I shrugged leading them to my car.
Let me introduce y'all to my crazy group.
We are all cousins from the paternal side and we are all of the same age. 4 ladies, 3 guys.
All 26 and our names all start with'h': Hannah, Haneefah, Hind, Husnah, Hamzah, Haneef,Hakeem.
Our group chat name says; ' the seven big h's'.
Y'all know that type of cousins who don't live together but are still fucking connected? Yeah, the is the big seven h's.
We don't live in the same country and only unite during Eid, end of year, special events
....

I stay in Abuja, Nigeria, the twins stay i n Qatar with their FAM, Hannah stays in los Angeles, Carlifonia, Hind stays in Riyadh, Hamzah- Paris and Hakeem- Egypt.
We are all single - okay, I have been betrothed to a bread-head before - but we are single and not searching!.
I sometimes go visit them but this eid, they all decided to come because they miss their home town.
Their parents are joining us in a day or so...

"We are all jet lagged so you have to drive, Husnah!" Hamzah said throwing the key back at me.
"How can I drive when three big guys are here?"
"We are your guests so you are driving, period! "Hakeem said and I snorted, snashed the key from him and went to the driver's seat.
" y'all regret this! " I said igniting the engine.
" if you sha kill us you will land in hell fire 7 while we would be in jannah firdaus.

Astagfirullah!!

I smiled as I drove out, love what I have been doing ever since the incident ;holistic living........

Assalam Alaykum!.
Ramadan Mubarak!
I'm back in this holy month with a new book! Allhamdullilah!
Do vote and comment .

Love y'all
Stay positive.
Do ibaadaahs, its Ramadan.

Bye!💫