6; The shoot

During the 5 months marriage.

"Seriously Afrah, you need to tell me why you are looking exceptionally beautiful!", ya Hamidah gushed for the umpteenth time.
I smiled at her arlynd mumbled;" but your brother didn't say anything about it though ", although she heard.
" he must be waiting for the perfect time",she said.
"Maybe." I said dejectedly.
We are at my in-laws for a monthly family dinner and Everyone has been complimenting my look including his elder sister,ya hamidah but my dear husband hasn't said anything. Maybe he has a surprise for me.

But don't let me deceive myself if I tell you all that no surprise came and no compliment !!

°Afrah°

"Mrs Okiki is here", Asiyah informed me as I stood testing the camera and lights simultaneously.
" OK, send her to Ms. Sue",I ordered her.
Ms. Sue– the costume manager.

Minutes later, after I had just set everything up with Moh and Asiyah, Mrs okiki stepped into the guest/waiting room where the main clips where to be filmed.
"Oh my gosh ma'am!! You look so beautiful!!" I complimented and she appreciated it with a smile.
"I'm so happy I'd be filming a beautiful gem!!" Moh, my assistant videographer/photographer said dramatically.
"Oh cmon! You all are making me tear up! I'm so flattered!" She gushed as she took a seat on the sofa.
"We are just stating the obvious facts" asiyah added and she smiled.
"Thanks" she said then I proceeded to brief her on how the work will go on.
"Take one act one!!", Asiyah announced as we were about to start.
"This is so lush and comfy!!" Mrs Okiki gushed as the shoot was ongoing.
She sat on the chair and sighed dreamily.
"That's it y'all!!! I'm changing all the Furniture in my home to 'H's interiors'!! This is Maaaddd!!!".

Meanwhile.........

°Hanbal°

I watched from my office the view of the reception where the shoot was taking place.  The gorgeous Angel handling the camera so well.
I have been trying to repress my heart from whatever it wants to bring up,but it's not yielding. Since the Eid party, I have been in a swirl of emotion.
Damn!! She is pretty!

I mused in my mind as she turned towards the window.
But one string is stopping me from making my move; I don't know the type of person she is.
I sighed and picked my phone to call my guy for advice.
Saif.
He picked on the first ring with;" you aren't a bastard! Was just thinking about you "
"Really? What's popping?"
"Mannnn!! I'm at the site and work is draining! Whish I could —"
"—just go on vacation with babes!" I completed for him.
"My guy, you're lazy!!" I told him.
"Guy!leave that! Why did you call?" He asked.
"Just wanted to great you yknow, I'm back after years and you haven't invited me over to see the lady kind enough to marry you!" I teased
"Nah don't say that! Its vice versa!"
"Gaskiya! You are a pain in the ass!" I told him.
"Okay, you are invited to dinner today , I'll come pick you up since you are still trying to get your way around Abuja" he said.
"No problem then. I'll tell you why I called there" I said.
"Okkk. Gotta go, I'm drenched in sun!"
Beep.

°Afrah°.

"It's a wrapppp!!!" Asiyah announced as the time read; 3:30.
"Allhamduliilah. Fun but tiring!"
"Thanks for having me do this wonderful AD, Afrah! I loved every bit of it!" Mrs Okiki said as we packed up for the day.
"Oh come on ma'am! We should be thanking you instead for doing this! We are really grateful!" I waved It off.
"You are mostly welcome! Before I leave, I'd like to book an appointment with the interior designing department. Just thought of redecorating my visitor's room and living room, sorry, I love entertaining guests!", she told me.
" wow! I'm glad to hear that!, my assistant will gladly lead you to Mrs Haneef, The head of the interior designing department.",  I told her politely because your girl needs o go home and sleeep!!.
"Sure"
"Ms. Tukur, please lead Mrs Okiki to Mrs Haneef, she wants to make an appointment."
"Wow! That's incredible!!"
After they left, I turned to Moh who I filmed the Ad with.
"You know the drill Moh, but I'll like to do a special kind of edit so I might as well do it with you", I told him and he sighed in relief .
" looks like you are not too busy lately, I can finally rest! " he said.
"I am, I just miss doing major edits."
"As you say. You are going already?"
"Yup! Your girl is tired!" I replied.
"Trust me! I am knocked out!", he commented
" maybe I should just wait for Asr", I mused as I sat to catch my breathe.
"You should", he said as I stood up to pick my vlogging camera and tripod from where I sat.
Y'all should go watch! It's up by the time you see this chapterrr!😂.

I got home around 5 ish and met my lunch in the warmer after I showered.
I sat on the dinning to eat just when my younger bother walked in.

" ohh!.. Yo sis! You are back?  How was your day? " he asked.
"Great! I bet yours was spent chilling, just let Baba catch you! You won't come home for breaks never again!" I warned
Hamdan studies in London by the way.
"Bro! I gotta chill now! I can't be in London and be having it tough and also do the same in Nigeria. That doesn't work!" He said
"Okay! Tell that to Baba when he finds out" I shrugged as he joined me on the Table to eat.
"Won't you shower?" I asked.
"Me is hungry! Can't wait" he said scooping a huge portion of Oriental rice onto  his plate.
"Mom isn't at home?" He asked as I sipped fresh orange extract.
"She called to tell me she'd be at ya Mama's" I replied.
"Kk"
Adda Maimunah is my moms youngest sister who just gave birth to a girl last month. We call her Ya Mamma because she was named after my grandmom{her mom} and that's what my mom and aunties call her.
PS; we aren't meant to call her that but it is what it is!
Just then, A group face time with my geng{remember the seven H's?} Came through. Yeah.
"Yooo girlllll!" The girls cheered when I picked up
"Uhhhh! I miss y'all! See ya beautiful faces! Bro! Hamza what is with the new cut?!" I exclaimed.
"Finally! I thought you wouldn't notice! It's the trending style here in Paris and boy! I know you girls are drooling stylishly!" He said and I choked on my juice instantly.
"Who and who? Drooling!?"Haneefah sassed as I calmed my self from the choke.
" like I don't get! Do you think we are those ajebo French girls!?" I added.
"It's not as if it's that fine oo" Hind commented rolling her beautiful hazel eyes.
"We have been trying to tell him the same too since he showed us!", Hakeem said as Hamzah tried to pout but he failed miserably.
" is it that bad??" He asked and we all nodded.
"Bro! No wonder she spilled a whole latte  on me!" He said distantly and my eyes popped out. In fact! Our eyes popped out! Because it's gist timeee!!

"Nah! I ain't gonna say a thing!" He said and we all sank in our seats sadly.
"Let's talk about our main topic of this call...... Drum rolls please!!!!! Haneef Malumfashi Shema is tying the knot with his heartrob; Salamah Aziiz Dan Umar!" He announced and I swear we all yelled in happiness and surprise!
"Bro! When you said you found a girl I thought you were kidding again!"Hannah exclaimed.
" swears!!"I added.
"She is the one guys!" He said blushing.
"Bro!! She got him hard! See him blushing!!" Hamzah hyped.
"Yeah she did"  his twin said.
"So when is the wedding?"
"Next month" he said.
"Waoh! So soon?"
"She doesn't want to delay it" haneefah said as I tried to remember if Lailah's wedding is next month too or the one after. Bro! I have a lot of events!!
Speaking of weddings, the wedding Mr Tilde invited  me to is this Saturday. I'm taking Asiyah along tho!.
"Should we start planning?" I asked
"How about tomorrow?" Hakeem asked.
"Oh yeah! Its a work free day for  me tomorrow!" I mused.
"Tomorrow it is!" Hannah stamped.
"By 10?"
"Done!"

IG: fattoum__.x