Fucking Brits | part 1

F/N: friends name
F/D: favorite drink

Y/N'S POV

I could hear my phone buzzing as I picked it up off the counter to see who was messaging me. It was F/N. They helped me move here. They were asking if I was awake.

F/N: hey are you awake?

               Y/N: Yeah just making something to eat. Why do you ask?

F/N: I was wondering if you would like to go out to a cafe. It's up to you.

                Y/N: sounds lovely. I'm in!

F/N: see you there ;)

And that, I got my things packed up and headed out to the cafe they told me to go to. It was winter, so it was very cold. I arrived at the cafe seeing them already inside as I had it in getting out this cold. "Hey F/N!" I pat them on the shoulder as I stood next to them in line. "Hey Y/N didn't see you there. What are you getting?" "Nothing really just (F/D) will do." They nodded and ordered our drinks as I took a seat. I love sitting near the windows and watching everyone walk by. I must've been smiling because F/N started up a conversation. "Sooo, what've you been up to?" I look over to see them sitting across from me.

(Hey a friend is editing this to see how it looks)

"Just been unpacking boxes as usual and I am exhausted..." I replied, sighing.

"That must suck. But if you need any help, just ask." They suggested.

I smiled, nodding. "Yeah, I would love some help."
"Well, then I'll help you tomorrow!"
We finally got our drinks, and I took a slow sip of mine. It was sweet, that's why I love it so much. I really needed this.

"Thanks for getting me out of my apartment!" They chuckled, nodding. I noticed them taking their phone out of their pocket to take a selfie of their own drink.
"Mhm," They mumble. "Any time."

-

By the next morning, I was up early. I got dressed and made breakfast, then started unpacking boxes getting stuff out and waiting for F/N. I heard a knock at the door, and with a box in one hand I just barely managed to open the door. I was surprised to see F/N standing in front of me with a big grin on their face. "Hey sorry if I'm late." I shook my head, letting them in and we started to unpack boxes together as we talked, and joked around until they said to do that 'one a spot of tea'. "Fucking Brits..." I shook my head as they laughed. We continue to unpack boxes. They unpacked one box. "Hey is this you and your ex or something?" I look over to see it was my ex. "Yeah... He went missing  3 ago..." I close the box, telling them not to unpack that one as we finish unpacking the other boxes.

We took a break, I made them, of course, tea, as we relaxed on the couch and kept chatting. "You know, this was a fun day today!" I nodded in agreement. "You should take me to your house sometime. It'll be better than in my apartment." We both laughed. She nodded. "Oh yeah, I remember I have games, so I bought some for ya!"

-

It was the afternoon as they left to go back home. I was making dinner for myself; just something simple. I pulled out my phone, and started checking all my messages and put on a playlist of my favorite music before going to take a nice shower and head to bed. The whole day was peaceful and quiet, one of my favourite kinds of days.

Updated