Acknowledgements Of An Apparition (TLoZ)

Sooo, I watched a video reviewing bad Legend Of Zelda Creepypastas and I kinda got inspired to write. Again lol. I'm taking a shot at strangely wholesome/uplifting horror rather than str8-to-the-point/in-your-face horror, AND I'm reusing a spooky design of BOTW Link I made back in 2020.

Also I envision Link to basically speak in a style similar to Markiplier if he talked. Make of that what you will. :)

꧁𖣘꧂

"...𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘?" A strange voice emanated from the distance.

Link quickly got to his feet to attest the potential friend or foe.

"Hello?" He responded with a hint of exasperation. "Who's there?"

"𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚘??" The voice called again. It was but a pitiful whisper. Yet he heard it as if it was a bellow from the mountains. It was coming from nowhere, and everywhere at the same time. And it sounded eerily familiar... not too different from his.

Link's eyes darted about the moonlit field, scanning for the potential source.

His eyes then fell upon a somewhat familiar sight; the odd pillar of bluish fog from the night before. Only it wasn't motionless this time. It was gliding its way across the field, toward the adventurer.

The smoke slowly started to materialize into a human shape, as it gently floated across the grass. More and more details came into focus from the eerie blue fog before the hero's eyes, as they widened in abject fright.

It was him. But also not him. It was him, but worse. It's tunic and clothes were scuffed and stained with mud and grass. It's eyes were pale and glassy, almost pure white, partly shrouded by tangled golden hair. Hints of dark crimson dripped from its mouth. Yet the most ghastly sight was a deep gash on its left shoulder, blood splattering the blue of the tunic. The left arm below it hanging uselessly at its side, either paralyzed or broken.

Link held the Master Sword pointed at the grievous apparition before him, eyes wide in bewilderment.

"Don't- don't come ANY closer please. I've dealt with enough monsters today." Link announced with a slight tremble in his words.

The sullen silhouette simply tilted its head like a dog, confused. Or saddened.

"𝚘𝚑... 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚎." It mumbled, in an apologetic fashion. It's voice was Link's, but also not. It swirled, and echoed, like it was coming from everywhere, yet nowhere. It was choked with sorrow, and monotone with tiredness. Yet it was still his.

"𝚒 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚍𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚎."

Link was somewhat taken aback by the statement. "I- uh well I mean who... wouldn't... be?" The hero replied, awkwardness soaking the sentence.

"well- no seriously why wouldn't I? Why wouldn't anyone- you're literally me but... but- very messed up and likely d e a d ."

The apparition looked down at itself, deep scarlet blood still glistening in the moonlight. "𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐." It droned.

Link lowered the Master Sword slightly, glaring his crimson-decorated doppelgänger with both confusion and horror.

heheh I'm proud of that last line.

So what do y'all think? Should this be a full story?