CHAPTER 7

Chapter 7

"Kaeya." Albedo frowns

Kaeya stared at the blond, watching him approach himself quickly. "What is it?" He eventually asks, voice darkened along with his eyes.

"I need you to listen to me." Albedo hushers, coming closer.

"What?"

"Do you understand what happened to it? Properly? Why were we spared?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"I'm talking about khaenri'ah-"

"No."

Kaeya felt his cheeks fluster red in slight anger as he glared Albedo down.

"What?"

"No. I don't want to have anything to do about it. I'm finally happy. Before you came that is. Just leave me be." Kaeya scowls. His fist tightens as he turns around to the cabinet, reaching for snacks.

"No, Kaeya, please. Help me with understanding."

"Archons, you're so annoying... quit nagging me..!" Kaeya yells, moving away. His shoulder pushes Albedo aside. Albedo grew tired and frustrated with the lack of contribution with this.

A book, which was held in the thin hands of Albedo's as he gripped tighter onto it before ending with a final slam as the book landed on the table in front of Kaeya. The bluenette blinked at the book, black cover with gold edge framed and words in bolded and gold, 'the truth beyond the stars' it said. Kaeya's eyebrows scrunched as he looked back up to Albedo, "The truth beyond the stars? Is this a joke?" Kaeya scoffs, sliding the book away.

"Can you just listen? Stop being so stubborn ! I know i've made you upset but you have to understand, I made a mistake and i'll do better next time-"

"There is no next time, Albedo. You left me twi-"

"I know ! Do you think I'm unintelligent? I'm trying to make it up but you need to listen. We can maybe save the khaenri'ahan people." The blonde slightly smiled. Kaeya rolled his eyes, looking at his snack and opening it.

"Are you done? Khaenri'ah is gone and their people are monsters while the survivors are sinners.and for all I know we are the only survivors, how could we compare towards the archons, celestia. You believe we are strong enough to fight them? To Stand up to them? That's a fucking joke. You're a fucking joke, did the destruction just be erased from your memory?" Kaeya raised his voice, booming voice. He was about to walk out before Albedo grabbed his arm, tightly that a mark would be left behind.

"Kaeya, i- just read the fucking book. I'll leave you alone now." Albedo scowled, why was he even trying? He can do it by himself... but Kaeya is a prince... he has the right to kno- no. he's no more a prince.

Kaeya relaxed onto his chair. "Out of all times why now." He grumbles. Why the hell was Albedo trying to start conversations with Kaeya.

~

He looked through his documents, skipping the pages. A new assignment it seems. Hilchurls coming too close to the city. Kaeya glanced at the book, the scratched black coated cover but the gold was real and it glistened slightly in the dull room. Kaeya looked at the arm, a little pale and you could still see the hand print. He gently picked up the book and opened it, it was a little dusty but that was fine. Everything was fine. He was fine.

No. Stop thinking weirdly, Kaeya, Just look into the book.

A large gold plated star, a khaenri'ahan star, popped out of the book at the cover, resembling his hidden eye.