Everlark reunion in District 13

A\N: This one is short but I've added bits into it to make it a bit longer.

With The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes movie trailer being released (I've watched at least 10 times since I first watched it), I'm back with a new Everlark oneshot, but this is slightly different. I won't spoil this one, you'll just have to read the summary and read this, enjoy Angels.  

I follow Haymitch and Finnick down the halls to the hospital wing of 13, my veins alive with giddiness that I'm feeling. I want to run ahead of my mentor and friend to get to Peeta but I restrain myself from speeding up and leaving the two of them behind.

The hospital wing is a flurry of activity: nurses running back and forth, doctors shouting instructions to other doctors, medical supplies everywhere, the smell of blood, sweat, urine and antiseptic in the air causing my nose to tingle, almost making me sneeze. Then I hear the shriek of a woman shouting Finnick's name. It's Annie Cresta, Finnick's girlfriend and the victor of the 70th Games. I watch as Annie tears herself away from the medical personnel and into Finnick's arms causing him to crash into a wall behind him. Haymitch's hand on my shoulder brings my eyes away from Finnick and Annie's embrace. My mentor is giving me a small smile as he leads me away from the reunited District 4 couple, walking me towards Gale.

"Gale!" I call, sprinting towards my best friend. I envelope him in a hug. "Thank you, Gale." I whisper into his shoulder. He doesn't say anything but he does hold me harder but I know he's smiling. I pull away from my best friend, a member of my family, and give him a smile.

"Go, go be with Peeta." Gale tells me with a smile. I look behind me and see Haymitch smiling.

"Let's go, sweetheart." My mentor says before we turn away from Gale, passing Boggs who is smirking, we pass my Mother and Prim who are giving me and Haymitch matching looks. 

Tears well up in my eyes as I hear his voice for the first time in days.

"Where is she?" I hear him demand. Even though he's been held in The Capitol for months, he's still concerned about me and not himself. Typical Peeta. I think to myself before walking into his room, dragging Haymitch with me.

I freeze when I see Peeta, in hospital clothes, blonde hair stuck to his head, blue eyes still shining. "Peeta!" I say before crashing into him, my arms going around his waist, my face buried in his shoulder.

"Katniss." Peeta says quietly, his arms going around my back. He sighs into my hair before pulling away from me slightly and kissing me deeply, my arms go around his neck and pull him even closer to me as his stay on my waist. The kiss deepens even more until we have to pull away from each other when air becomes a necessity. We pull away from each other and stare into each other's eyes.

"Hi." Peeta says softly, smiling at me.

"Hi." I reply, just as softly and returning his smile.

Unbeknownst to us: Haymitch, my Mother, Prim, Gale, Finnick, Annie, Johanna, Beetee, Plutarch, Boggs and Coin have all squeezed into Peeta's hospital room and watched our reunion.

Peeta and I just stare at one another, neither of us wanting to take our eyes off one another, not breaking our hug.

Now that he's here, safe, sound and in my arms, I'm never letting him go again.

A\N: Another Everlark oneshot, it's short but sweet, enjoy, Angels.