Campfire

Warnings: 😏 jk, it's PG13! - enjoy!

I will not ask you where you came fromI will not ask you, neither should youHoney just put your sweet lips on my lipsWe should just kiss like real people do

I will not ask you, neither should you
Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips
We should just kiss like real people do

Every sunny day has a storm cloud and today that storm cloud was Rhonda.
"HEY!" She called out from the top of the hill. Their heads snapped in her direction, Jo felt almost sick from the speed she did it. They darted away from one another, like they'd burned their hands of the other's body.
"Mr M wants to do a camp out, everyone has to help so move your asses" She shouted, cupped hands to make herself even louder. Without even so much as a polite nod, she turned on her heel and didn't wait for a reply. They watched Rhonda's small figure disappear over the hill and then the full impact of what happened or almost happened hit them. Wally watched as Jo's face flushed, eyes stuck to the ground like it was the most interesting thing in the world.
"Hey, Josephine" He started, she looked up at him eyes bright and wide and he forgot what he was going to say.
"A camp out?" She spoke gauche, a forced smile on her lips. "What out on the football field? Where are they going to pitch tents" Jo attempted humour to deflect the awkwardness screeching in her system.
"Usually we do it at the back of the school, where an old park used to be when the Kindergarten building was still here" He answered, exhaling a heavy breath. Wally understood her uncomfortable behaviour he just hoped it wouldn't last and she wouldn't avoid him like the plague now.
"Oh that makes sense," Her hand rubbed the back of her neck.
"Jo" Wally attempted.
"We should go right? In case she comes back and this time actually kicks our asses" She took a few steps back from him, hands picking at one another. He knew that she wasn't doing this because she didn't like him or felt actually uncomfortable with him. She had told him how she struggled socially and at times her body shuts down into to it's flight state. Right now Jo looked like a deer that had been spotted by a hunter and at any moment if the wrong foot went forward, she would bolt.
"Wait a minute" He said softly. "Come here for a second" Wally extended his hand to her and patiently waited till hers reached out and took it. He refused for them to part ways on a awkward note and so did his best to reassure her. "We got interrupted at a..intense moment" He began, gently pulling her back close him again. "But that doesn't mean that i'm going to brush it off like it never happened. It almost did and that is important to me. If Rhonda didn't come over here I'm pretty sure I'd still be kissing you" A smile spread on his face at that thought and how true it was. "But don't panic, okay? Everything's okay and I promise you when we get the chance again and your okay with it, I'll kiss you"
She didn't expect that response. Usually guys tended to not know how to react, panic and walk away and for the next week not send you so much as a look in your direction. She was used that feeling of 'I'm embarrassed of you' from boys. Yet here was Wally, holding her still and not even so much as a blush on his face. He wanted to kiss her and to keep on kissing her and the only reason why he wasn't doing it right now was because their friends needed them. Yet he told her they were guaranteed another opportunity to rekindle the fire and get their special moment.  
"Okay" Jo laughed a little at that, feeling his warm hand squeeze hers. "I'm listening to you, I just struggle sometimes cause I'm not used to being this way with a guy" Her flushed face hung slightly, with nervous breath leaving her.
Wally licked his bottom lip doing everything he could to stop himself from kissing her then and there.
"Oh god your cute" He said under his breath. Jo caught it, stomach flipping as his fingers run over her palm.
"We should erm, probably go" She tossed a thumb over her shoulder at the direction where Rhonda once stood.
"Alright," Wally nodded but kept a grip of her hand and they left together up the hill, knowing smiles on their faces.
-