Accused

Warnings: if you've gotten this far you know the drill. PG13 rated..
enjoy! - mt

Do you know, how I dream?How I dream about you?

How I dream about you?

-

Wally slept like the dead when he was alive. Now beyond the grave for a few decades, he dreams every night. His mind builds stories and memories, that burst into a melody of bliss or misery. After the realisation about his family, dreams were good. They were memories of happy times and funny weird trippy ones like the one time he had one about a giant hotdog driving the golf cart and crashing into the pool. That was sick. However the one that reminds him how he watched his girlfriend get hit by a truck..is not so fun. Every time he can't stop it, every time he tries. Reaching for her, begging her to know that he is there and he will help if she'd only come to him. No matter what, she can't hear him and the stupid truck arrives right on schedule. He wakes up early hours in the morning, goes running and returns quickly enough so that Jo doesn't notice.

That was yesterday.

Now he's in the rain. He can't feel the cold, only the sinking feeling that Rhonda is right and that alone is scary. His chest is tight and he closes his eyes from the pain it causes. He needs to be careful, count to ten and breathe. Just breathe. He can hear her voice on that sunny evening. He can in blurred vision, see strands of dark hair dancing on the breeze. Her presence. All of it calms his nerves and centres him back to where he was. In the rain.

The side door swings open, the cosy interior of school hallways beam warm light. Standing in the door way was the cause of all his questions.

"What are you doing!" She called to him, a smile spread across her face as she adjusts her glasses on her nose.
Wally looks at her, heart squeezed. Does he ask? Potentially be wrong and damage what they have or leave things be.

"I needed a drink!" He calls back, putting a casual look on himself. Jo laughs at the door.

"You're soaked!" She shakes her head. "What about your clothes!" Jo points out. Wally shrugs comedically and lifts his face up to the rain.

"You should join me, it's refreshing" He scrapes his hair from his forehead, a few small strands catching his eyes lashes. Jo hesitated, biting down on her lip.

"We don't have any spare clothes!" She frowns.

"Get your ass out here Gizmo!" Wally beckons her with a finger. "You only die once!" A hint of seriousness slips into his tone but she doesn't pick up on it. Josephine shakes her head one last time and with a squeal, races out the door and to him.
Wally can't stop the smile on his face and widens his arms just in time as she reaches him. Wally encapsulates her, lifting her off her feet, pulling her tightly against him.