Red, Blue, and Then Emerald (P7)

Info - anti Amy, funeral, bitchy Amy, funeral for a loved one

Laurie did ask me to go to the funeral, for moral support he said. We hadn't had sex again after that one night.

The look of pure hatred Amy gave me when Alec waved to me was unmatched. I stood with Laurie and held his hand as he cried. I rubbed his back. Jo came as well to comfort Laurie.

"You know," came the sniveling drawl. "He liked her too."

I turned to see Amy, she had caught me staring at Jo and Laurie.

"What?"

"Before me, he was in love with her our whole childhood. He proposed to her. She turned him down. He said he'd rather die than be without her."

"Well clearly she's married now and he isn't dead," I said.

"Then there was me. He followed me around, and begged me not to marry the man I was hoping would propose. I fell for it, and he was doting and kind and loving....for a while," she continued.

"Why are you telling me this?" I demanded.

"Because anything you THINK he feels for you will fade into dust very soon. Soon YOU'LL be the bitter mother of his child. He is the most wishy washy man I've ever met."

"He's been good to me, and we aren't together-"

"But you love him, I can see it in your eyes," she smirked. "I've worn that look and lost it."

"Listen Amy, I didn't even know you existed when he and I conceived. It wasn't a pointed attack. I wish we could be on better terms."

"Anything Laurie does with any woman Is a pointed attack," she growled.

"Didn't he ask you to call him Theadore," I said. She stamped her foot and walked off.

"Hey, y/n," said a much prettier voice. I turned to see Jo.

"Jo," I smiled.

"Thank you so much," she said.

"For what?"

"Taking care of Teddy, he says you've been so helpful and he's so excited for the baby," she grinned. I smiled back but it was bitter sweet. Was all this just a passing favor? Would I be Amy?

When we went home Laurie asked if I wanted a massage but I said no. I needed to be smarter, not home for the impossible. I'd need to pull back from him much more.