S I X T E E N

I'm away until the end of the month so it's a double update day! There will be no update the Sunday coming because of this :)

I don't know why I'm shocked when I discover Knife has jigged my key card but I am.

Any time I use the key card in the building to leave or enter, Knife knows. I thought it was always because he was tracking my phone, so he knew but he had to have another measure put in.

I know this because he calls me on the small burner phone, he got me until I 'earn' my phone back when I leave the building. I'm just going to the shop to pick up some fresh fruit while he's at the clubhouse sorting out some shit when he calls me. I see his number flash on the screen and instantly accept the call.

"Where are you going, Little Rabbit?" His voice travels through the speaker and I blink at the shop in front of me. He doesn't sound angry or annoyed, in fact he doesn't sound like anything which scares me.

"I'm just going to get some fruit from the shop." I answer him. "How did you know I left the apartment? I don't have my normal phone for you to track me. Did you put a tracker in this one as well?"

I glance back at the prospects behind me, but I didn't see them message or call anyone. Did they message him on the sly while my back was turned? I eyed them and searched their hands to see if they held a phone in either of them, but they didn't.

Knife's dark chuckle down the line brings my attention back to him and I feel my spine straightening at the sound.

"Baby, you didn't think I would only rely on a phone to know your whereabouts, did you?" His tone is almost kind, as if he is answering a silly question a child asked him, but he doesn't want to hurt their feelings. Prick.

"Did the prospects let you know?"

"Get what you need and then head straight back." He says, ignoring what I'm saying. "Next time ask me before you leave our home."

I grit my teeth at his words.

"Knife, I understand you need to be you and that you're still angry but to ask you if I can leave to buy fruit? It's too much, even for me."

My admittance is met with dead silence. I pull the phone back to make sure he's still there, he is. I start to panic at his silence, I imagine him standing in the clubhouse, his hand raised to stop anyone else from speaking as he tries to reign in his anger long enough to get home and fuck me senseless against the kitchen counter before making my pretty little cage even smaller.

"Do I need to explain how this works to you again?"

I sigh. "No, you don't." I pause. "I'm sorry. I'll get what I need and head back. Do you want anything?" I don't bother to admonish myself for caving so quickly under his words, I've accepted my situation with a lot more clarity than I had in the past.

"I'm good, Sugar. Just you waiting for me when I get back is enough for me."

I try to bite back the smile that appears on my face at his words, but I fail.

"Well, I guess that's something you'll be looking forward to everyday if you get your way." I say, my tone light and playful but the truth lays beneath the words.

He chuckles. "Damn right it is." There's a noise on the other end of the line, a voice asking a question. I hear shuffling and then a person cries out. "Got to go, Sugar. I'll see you at home."

"Okay, see you soon. Love you."

"Love you the most."

Once Knife is off the phone and I'm in the small store, I can't help playing over his words. I like how much he dominates me, how much he takes over until everything I have is his but lately it's been feeling like maybe he's escalating it all to the point I feel suffocated.