Chapter 13

_ . _

Chapter 13

As they followed the titans' footsteps, Samael and Erichthonius entered the deepest part of the gigantic forest. The leaves of the huge, tall trees seemed like birds compressed into one, but their leaves fell like the size of an acorn. The sky above was nowhere to be seen—nothing but branches and leaves covered the darkness of the ground.

Samael turned his gaze toward the titan, who seemed to be their leader. He pursed his lips together, pondering as he walked, before opening his mouth to speak. "I apologize for meddling, but may I know why you're attacking the border?"

Some of the titans twitched, others turned into a frown, while the leader calmly replied, "None of your business."

Samael clicked his tongue internally. Straight-up rejection, huh? I'll definitely discover your horrible deeds and see for myself whether to judge by my blade or not!

A hand seemed to brush against Samael's palm, so he turned his head behind and saw that Erichthonius was walking behind him, looking stoic as he glanced at the titans.

Samael arched his brows. Later on, his lips curled into a small grin as he stepped back and leaned closer to the king. "What? Are you scared?" Samael said in a teasing tone. "You should've slept like a princess in your castle."

Erichthonius didn't reply, but his brows were slightly knitted into a frown. Samael scoffed and continued to walk as he murmured, "How boring. At least reply back to me, husband."

"......."

They ventured long into the forest. They seemed to have passed the Savannah and arrived at the rocky plains. Samael can see a volcano from afar. He knew that Hephaestus was the God of Fire, but he didn't expect him to live in an actual volcano flowing with blazing lava.

After a while, the titans turned left, away from the direction of the volcano. Samael frowned and approached the titans, then asked, "Where are we going? The way here is dead end."

The leader of the titans glanced down at him and replied bluntly, "We're taking a shortcut."

Samael frowned even more. Shortcut? Are we going to crawl our way on the gravel until we arrive at the volcano?

They stopped at the dead end, where a wall of mountains of rocks was blocking their path. While Samael was pondering how they were going to take a shortcut, choosing options between destroying the mountain or climbing it, one of the titans walked straight to the rock, passing through it like a water of illusion.

The leader of the titans looked at the two and spoke, "What are you waiting for? Pass through."

Samael was still hesitating. When Erichthonius behind him walked past him to walk through the rock, he grabbed the young king and pulled him from behind as he spoke to the titan. "Where is this leading us? You can at least answer that, right?"

The titan frowned at him and said, "You're full of questions. It irritates me."

Samael laughed and said, "I don't care if it irritates you. I have trust issues, so I will continue to seek answers."

The titan sighed. "It's not anything dangerous. It will lead you to the answers you seek."

Samael replied, "Why can't you just say it yourself? Instead of making efforts by guiding us here..."