Chapter 18

Autumn POV:

There is no way this is happening to me right now.

Why can't I have a night where I can forget about all my problems and responsibilities, and just have fun.

How is the universe against me and I'm a spiritual person–like I literally manifest everyday and shit like that.

I might be too drunk for this but let me get this straight–This woman married Matthew, but she can't have children, so Matthew proposed that I can have their baby, and weirdly so, his parents and her agreed to it.

Then Matthew lied to his wife stating that I was okay with being a surrogate for them, which is a complete lie and now this woman and probably his parents have the impression that they are going to have a baby.

Okay, it would sound like the most ridiculous thing if I were to explain it to someone.

But as I look back at her in the stall, the two of us are alone and she is sharing this very private situation. There is no way that I can avoid hiding the truth from her.

Even if it means hurting her. This whole situation is hurting me as well.

After she gets done composing herself, she avoids my eyes as if she is embarrassed about this or about crying in front of a stranger.

I have to ask her or maybe not–maybe this has nothing to do with me, maybe this is an entire situation that I am not a part of. Different people. Same storyline.

Even though Matthew told me a similar story and it ended with him wanting a baby from me for him and his wife as well.

Just ask, my slightly drunk brain told me.

And so I do, "Do you happen to be Matthew Knight's wife?"

She looks up at me, surprised.

Please don't be her. Please don't be her. Please don't be her.

"Yeah, how do you know?" She questioned, "Do you know him? Wait, that might be perfect, you probably know his ex-fiance then"

Oh shit. How am I supposed to tell her this, I know I'm going to see her later in life so I might as well get it over with.

Now since she is Matthew's wife.

"Actually, I'm Matthew's ex-fiance, Autumn" I said as I cringed, not knowing what her reaction is going to be.

As soon as that sentence left my mouth, I immediately regretted it. I should just leave this stall and won't come back and if I see her in the streets or at any store, I will run out of there.

That is my plan.

But before I can move out of the stall and never return, she blocks my path.

She reveals a smile on her face, as her back rests on the stall door, indicating that I cannot leave until I hear what she has to say.

"This is perfect" She gasped, the tears no longer running down her face, instead they were replaced with a bundle of joy plastering on her face, "I can't believe my luck, now we get to finally talk"

"Listen" trying to ease my way into this, "I don't think this is a good time to talk and this whole situation is messed up as it already is.."

She didn't listen to me but instead, she cut me off, "I know you said no the first time and maybe because you were shy, but that's okay, we can get to know each other first, then all three of us can set up the arrangement for this baby"

"Wait–" I tried to say but she cut me off again.

"Let's just get our names down first, obviously, you're Autumn Richardson and sure, I might have tracked you down and found out where you work, but that's our nature right?"