Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE: I Dream The Strangest Dream

I woke up feeling a whole lot better. I looked around me, and I noticed that there was no one in here. I eased myself in a sitting position, and crossed my legs under the blanket. Looking around, I noticed a small plate with a...is that a brownie? I'm not sure if it was...but...Then next to it was a half-full jar of liquid. I can't remember waking up and drinking any of this liquid...but maybe someone injected them to me? Heck, I can't remember anything...

I vaguely heard the sound of a door opening the closing, and I was quite surprised when a male came in. A racked my brain. I've seen him somewhere, I swear-hey, that rhymed!!

"Morning," he told me as he sat down on the chair next to me. Then he smiled.

I could've sworn a light bulb lit up above my head. "You're that guy!!" I exclaimed. He seemed shocked when I suddenly shouted, and he frowned. "Uhm, what're you- " But I interrupted him again.

"You're that guy!! The archer!" His eyes seemed to light up, and he smiled again. "Ah yes. Will Solace, son of Apollo at your service," Then he bowed, well, if you can bow while sitting, that's what he did. I grinned. "Allison Vergara, undetermined, well, you patient," I replied. He laughed. I'll tell you, he was kinda cute-

Wait, since when did I have an American accent? I held my throat, and suddenly I forgot Will was even there. My mind began making rational excuses and all when I felt Will's hands on my shoulders and he was shaking me. He began calling my name so loud I finally snapped back to my senses. "Hey! Allison! What happened? Are you alright?" He asked. I stared at his blue eyes. I looked away, "Yeah, yeah...I'm fine..." Will looked like he wanted to protest, but decided against it. "You should rest more...One more bite...Here..." Will handed me that lone piece of brownie-something. "Don't eat it all." Will warned me. "Just a little bite of ambrosia, food of the gods. Any more than a few bites more than necessary would've turned your blood to fire and your bones to sand and you'd be dead, like a mortal." I looked at him a bit coldly. "Thanks a lot..." He raised his hands in surrender. "What? I'm just trying to save your life!!" I shook my head at him and took a teensy-weensy bite out of the thing. It immediately melted into my mouth, and for a moment I closed my eyes. I felt myself feeling a lot better, and my shoulders and almost every muscle in my body relaxed.

"It is said that it tasted different for every person. It tasted like the home-baked chocolate chip cookies mom used to bake..." Will got a wistful look on his eyes and he sighed. I waved my hand in front of him. "Hey, Will? You still there?"

He snapped back to focus. "Oh! Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Sorry 'bout that," he scratched his nape sheepishly. "So, what does it taste for you?" I pursed my lips. "Well...It tastes like the brownies I vaguely remember my mom baking...I was too young when she and my dad died, so I have no recollection of them......So sad. But anyway!" I exclaimed, determined to remove the bad memories. Will nearly jumped, but gathered his wits back almost immediately. "What's that then?" I pointed to the half-full glass containing honey-like liquid. "That, is the drink of the gods, Nectar. It also has the same effects if a half-blood took more than the body needs. When a mortal drank it, same result." Will shrugged. "You had such a high temperature, I decided you needed nectar inside your system immediately. I injected it to you through the inside of your elbow. But still, you've been out for a day."

I did a double-take. "Can you repeat that?"

"I said you've been out for a day." Will said.

"Di immortales..." I shocked myself. I don't know what was more shocking: saying that, or understanding it. "Are you serious? Was it really that bad?"

Will nodded. "Serious." He even raised his right hand. "Yes, like I said, you had a very high temperature. I had to watch over you most of the time. Annabeth was worried sick..."