Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN: Rebecca Smith Picks A Fight With Me

I slept in this morning.

How do I know?

'Kay. I'll tell you.

I was woken up to the sound of knuckles rapping against the wood door immediately, I sat up straight, and when I do, I lose my balance and fall. Apparently, half of my body was already dangling from the side of the bed, so when I sat up straight, half of my butt was not on the bed, and bam. I fell.

So I scrambled up and tried to gather my bearings. And just sitting down with my legs touching the cold floor when I heard the knocking again, along with a call, "Ally? Allison? Are you there...?"

Annabeth?

"A-Annabeth? Yeah, I'm fine!" I said groggily. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. "Yeah, okay! Can you open the door please? It's locked again." She said.

"Blimey..." I scrambled up to my feet and ran toward the door. I know I look like...crap right now, but Annabeth's at the door and I have to get it.

"Annabeth," I said breathlessly. "Allison, oh gods I was so worried!" Annabeth yelled and hugs me suddenly. I was soooo confused then that I accidentally pushed her back. "Annabeth!" I said. "What's going on? Why are you so worried?"

"It is 3 o'clock in the afternoon, Allison." said Annabeth.

And that is how I knew I overslept.

I can barely remember when I slept last night, but I can remember that I didn't go to sleep immediately. I think I read a book or two...so I probably slept late, and so now, I woke up late.

"I didn't see you at Ancient Greek. I thought you slept in-which apparently happened-so I let it pass. Then came lunch, and Luke said he didn't see you either. After that, Chiron asked me if I've seen you. He said that you'll never ever, miss archery class. And then, I went to find Tyler and Clarisse. Not my type of people, I mean, Tyler...beat us at CTF and Clarisse...oh, she's just mean. Anyway, Tyler told me you're all close, and told me about the Rebecca Smith thing, and yeah," she stops to take a breath. Also, she hasn't taken a breath, so she said that all in one breath. Yeppp...

"Hey, I'm here, I'm fine. Just...Let me uhm...freshen up and uhm...change my clothes..." I say sheepishly. My hair is all over the place. I think I have drool on the left side of my mouth...and I'm only wearing a very long t-shirt. One that reaches just above my knee, and cycling shorts beneath it.

Annabeth nods. "You, sure. I think there's still some food left at the Mess Hall. You should eat first, since you missed breakfast andlunch,"

Then I nod. "Yeah, thanks for being worried, Annie,"

And with that, Annabeth waves and walks away. I close the door and lean against it. I exhale and run a hand through my hair. "Oh my gods, my hair feels like a broom..." I tell myself.

"Right then, time to get changed!"

~^~^~^~

Right, so I was minding my own business, eating my own food at my own table when the red-headed witch decided to spoil the rest of my afternoon for me. So the conversation went a little like this:

Red-Head: *came up to me all sassy and know-it-all-like* Listen, kid. It was one thing to beat me at Capture the Flag-

Me: *toos the donut out of my mouth* Ahem, I beat you plus your brothers and sisters-

Red-Head: *planted hands firmly on my table* Yeah, well. I don't really give a damn. I am going to get my revenge-oh wait, mybrothers and sisters are-