Chapter Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN: I Play Capture The Flag

"Poseidon," said Chiron. "Earthshaker, Stormbringer, Father of Horses. Hail, Allison Taylor Vergara, Daughter of the Sea God."

I laugh. I whoop. I dance.

Poseidon is my father. Finally.

I grin at them. Gaurde looks at me excitedly, like I was someone who was going to be famous and always liked and all. Before I could open my mouth to say anything, however, a conch horn blew in the distance, and we knew it was time for dinner. I didn't realize I was hungry until I heard my stomach growl. I smile sheepishly. "Whoops. Hehe..." I scratch my nape involuntarily. "We, uh, better head to the mess hall pavilion. We don't want to get late now, huh?" I say, as I march toward the forest.

Then I feel myself getting lifted off the ground. "Wha-"

Chiron gave me a lift again. "At that rate, they'll be long finished even before we get there." He raises an eyebrow.

I motion to Dip, who is sniffing the ground for some reason. "I have Dip," I remind him. "You don't have to carry me." I tell him.

Chiron seemed to have forgotten Dip, then he remembered him again. "Oh, alright. But we have to return Dip to the stables. The forest is stocked. We don't want to have our resources lessen," He tells me and he sets me down to the ground. "Thanks." I say and I went to Dip. I brush his mane and tell him, "We have to go back now. Ya ready?" I ruffle his mane gently.

Yes, please. Do you have more apples?

I laugh. "No, Dip. I don't have any more apples. Now, let's go back." I say, and I pull myself up to his back. "And would you please lose the formalities, Dip? You can just call me Al," I tell him as we gallop through the forest.

Alright then, Al.

~^~^~^~

Once we got back to the stables, Chiron picks me up once more and we gallop again, but this time, we head for the mess hall pavilion. We arrived just in the nick of time. Campers were piling into their respective tables. Some gave me hard stares, seeing Chiron was giving me a ride. I blush a bit and scrambled to get myself down to solid ground.

"Thanks for the ride, Chiron." I smile, but the smile quickly fades as I remember something very important. "Wait, at which table will I sit? I mean, I'm supposed to be at Table Three-"

"You will sit with us first," Chiron says. "I'll announce it before we eat dinner and before we play capture the flag. After that announcement, you will sit at Table Three." He tells me.

Great. I'll eat my dinner in solitude.

Once everyone has settled, Chiron raised him arms and bellowed, "Demigods!" And all eyes turned to him. "It is determined," and gestures towards me, and all eyes shifted to me. "Poseidon," says Chiron. "Earthshaker, Stormbringer, Father of Horses. Hail, Perseus Jackson, Son of the Sea God."

Silence.

Then an uproar.

"That's silly talk!"

"She can't possibly be a child of the Big Three!" I heard Mr. D say. I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Imposter!"

"Silence!!" Chiron yells. "A satyr, a horse, and I have seen it. Just before dinner. A trident was glowing green just above her head. If you dare defy a god or question their decision, prepare yourself for their wrath. She is claimed, believe it or not, and she will be participating on this night's capture the flag. Now," Chiron lowers his voice at little, but it is still enough that he is still heard by all. "She stayed at Cabin Eleven during her undetermined time, and Cabin Eleven made a temporary alliance with Cabin Six, Athena Cabin. Would you still keep Cabin Three's lone camper?" He finishes.