Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO: DIAGON ALLEY

Allison never expected her eleventh birthday to happen like this. This was completely out of the ordinary!! The next day, which was August 1, she and her aunt were on their way to London, on the passenger seat of her aunt's car.

   "Here we are, ~" Aunt Natalya chirped happily.

   "And where is 'here' exactly, may I ask?" asked Allison as she opens her side of the door and steps out into the fresh London air.

   They stopped in front of a grubby-looking pub.

   I would've never had noticed it if Auntie hadn't pointed it out...

   "Allie, welcome to the Leaky Cauldron," Aunt Natalya says as she swings open the door. "It's a famous place, tell 'ya—what's the bloody ruckus all about??" She nearly yells as she takes Allison's arm and takes her deeper into the pub.

   Natalya Amethyst Fernandez was actually a regular here before Allison was born. She used to hang out here until the wee hours of night, then come stumbling home to find Katerina sitting in a chair by the window to give her wild, younger sister a good scolding for venturing out in the afternoon and return in the wee hours of night. That was when she was in her twenties. She'd never do that again.

   "Doris Crockford, Mr. Potter, can't believe I'm meeting you at last. " A woman named Doris shook hands with a boy wi-

   Wait, did she say....Potter?

   "Codswallop, Allie! The boy we just talked about!! And meet- Ah! I can't—!"

   "Natalya Amethyst Fernandez!! Fancy seein' yeh here now, don' we?" A very tall and big man swooped down and carried her aunt.

   "Rubeus Hagrid! Put me down this instant!!!" Despite her stern façade, she grinned like a madman. Hagrid chuckled but did as he was told anyway.

   Then a pale young man made his way forward, very nervously. One of his eyes was twitching.

   "Professor Quirrell!" said Hagrid. Harry, and um...I don' believe I caught yer name, lass," says Hagrid.

   "Oh! Just call me Allison for the mean time Mr. Hagrid," says Allison.

   "Hagrid's fine," he smiles. "Anyway, Harry, Allison, Professor Quirrell will be one of your teachers at Hogwarts."

   "P-P-Potter," stammered Professor Quirrell, grasping Harry's hand, "c-can't t-tell you how p-pleased I am to meet you," then he turns to Allison, who was a bit taken aback by how intense and hard his stare is. "Of c-course, A-A-Allison Ve-Vergara, d-did you know tha-that yo-your p-p-paren-"

   Aunt Natalya grabbed Allison's shoulders and interrupted, "So! What sort of magic do you teach, Professor Quirrell?" she asked, copying his intense, hard stare of Allison.

   He almost jumped out of his skin when Aunt Natalya spoke up. "D-Defense Against the D-D-Dark Arts," muttered Professor Quirrell, as if he was afraid of his own subject.

   Well...he's an interesting person...

   He turns to Harry again. "N-not that you n-need it, eh, P-P-Potter?" He laughed nervously. "You'll be g-getting all your equipment, I suppose? I've g-got to p-pick up a new b-book on vampires, m-myself." He looked terrified at the very thought. And he left.

   Aunt Natalya spoke up, "I don't think the two of you have been properly introduced. Allison, this is Rubeus Hagrid," He saluted. "One an' only." Then she continued, "Keeper of Keys at Hogwarts. Hagrid, this is my niece Allison Taylor Vergara," Allison waves and says, "Hi, Hagrid."