Chapter 10

Sorry if the phone conversations get a bit confusing! There are initials too try and help, L- Luka, M- Marinette, and N- Natalie
-----------------------

No recap for this one<3

LUKA?

Then run too school because by that time I'm already running late. Today luckily though I got there just in perfect time.

Time for school,yay. I meet alya outside who was standing waiting for me with Nino. We walked in all not really awake enough to do anything.

So after what seemed like the longest day ever at school I have too go to an interview for the Gabriel Agrest brand. Honestly I don't know why today had felt so long, but it really did.

It could have too do with the picture I got today that Hugo got hurt, or the fact I was on my period, maybe it was because my headphones were dead.

It was probably everything in between, but that won't stop me from having an amazing interview today.

I stop at the orphanage, and pick up Hugo. While I'm walking home I get a phone call, but the number isn't saved. That's weird, I save everyone's numbers.

I pick up anyway, not sure if that was a good idea or not. Luckily someone saved be from the very awkward conversation.

L:Hello? Marinette?

M:"This is her and who is this?"

L:Great it's actually you..

M:"Yep, and you are??"

L:Oh I'm sorry, it's luka!

M:"Luka?"

L:The one who saved you from falling?

M:"I fell?"

L:Down the stairs yeah, do you not remember?

Then out of no where Hugo started screaming. Bloody murder screaming.

L:Marinette are you okay what is going on?

M: "Sorry luka it's just my son... fuck forget that"

L: Your what?

M: "My nothing luka, I'm fine everyone's fine. So what's up? How'd you get my number?"

I started to calm down Hugo, with a pacifier and we kept walking around instead of going home. But he just feel asleep so it's okay.

L:Adrien gave it too me

M:"Oh, okay. Cool ig"

L:Do you not want me to have your number?

Then I started to get another call 'mr, Agrests assistant'

M: "No it's fine luka, but I really have too take another call. Text me? Mk?"

L: Okay Mari.

Then I hung up and took a deep breath. Then decided to pick up.

N: hello, is this miss. Marinette?

M: yes ma'am

N: it is nice too speak with you again, I'm just reminding you about you interview with me.agrest at 5:00.

M: it is nice to speak with you again too Mrs.Agrest.

N: Natalie is fine my dear

M: okay well then, Natalie I appreciate the reminder. I am aloud too bring my son right? I've asked before but I would like too again

N: yes marinette , we have someone who can watch him here or you can keep him with you as long as he isn't being disruptive.

M: perfect , thank you so much Natalie I appreciate it so much. I will see you soon.

N: see you soon marinette, can I tell you something really quick?

M : of course

N: I hope you get the job, I've seen your work and I think your an amazing artist.

M: thank you, that means the world too me.

N: of course, I'll see you soon.

M: yep, bye.

And with that I hang up the phone. And breathe out, I guess I was holding my breath that whole time. Now it's 3:30 I really need to get home.

I got home did everything that i would normally do, but decided to rest for a little instead of doing my homework.

About 30 minutes later it was about 4:30, meaning time to start getting ready.

I bring Hugo downstairs with me, grab him a bottle and give him too my mom too feed him.

She offered so that I could get ready, I grab a few things from the fridge and head back upstairs. I put the food on the table and the Kwamis come swarming at me to eat.

One thing about Kwamis is that they are always hungry. I grab a pile of grapes , shove them into my mouth then into the bathroom to get changed.

I have on a black, tight skirt and a light cream color button up shirt which was tucked into the skirt with a black blazer jacket over top.

I have this really little suit like thing for Hugo, that I set out onto the changing table along with a clean diaper.

It's only been a few minutes so he was most likely still eating I decided to fix my hair into a tight ponytail. Almost as soon as I was finished I heard a knock at my room door.

"Come in" I said

"Here honey," my mom said handing me Hugo. "He ate amazingly and will probably be asleep in no time."

"Thanks mom your the best."

"You know it," she said walking back down the stairs.

I got Hugo all dressed up into a his cute little outfit, and changed his diaper. I give him a little kiss then we go back down the stairs, and outside.

I put him into his stroller, and put the diaper bag into the little basket under the stroller.

We head over too the agrest mansion, which I got there right at 5:00 on the dot. I ring the little doorbell thing, and a camera comes at my face. I just wave at it, I've been here before nothing new and the gate opens along with the doors.

When the doors open I see Natalie and the body guard standing at the door with very welcoming smiles.

I walk up to the stairs then Natalie grabs the other side of the stroller helping me carry Hugo up the stairs.

"Aw, he's adorable." Natalie said

"Thank you"

"Not to be intrusive but do you have a husband or bf?"

"Oh no, no. He's adopted." I smile back, showing that it wasn't a weird question.

"You'd never be able too tell, he is a spitting image of you my dear! Also I was just wondering since you had to bring him with you today. Which is not a problem of course."

"It's okay Natalie , Hugo say hi"

He waved his hand at Natalie then we walked in for my interview.