Chapter 31 - Last Kiss

Written by me. 

Warning! this chapter has mentions of drugs. 

Oliver's POV 

She did it... she broke it off.

I thought what we had was special, I thought she could've loved me at least a little bit.

But hearing those words escape her lips, made my mind overthink everything we've ever had. She held me after she had told me, after I tried to fight for us, after she had made my decision for me.

"I can't be the one to ruin your friendship, over a relationship we both knew would never last." Is what she told me, as she held me.

"But I would choose you over his friendship any day, I would chose you over anything, I would chose you over my guitar, Penelope, I would tear up and break my guitar, if it meant you'd be with me, Penelope."

But what I told her wasn't enough to convince her to stay. What I told her, wasn't enough to keep her in my arms. She ended up leaving me here in my apartment alone.

When Penelope left my apartment door, I ran after her, and watched her run away from my apartment and to the stairs.

She told me to not follow her... so I didn't.

I turned around, and I saw Micah re-enter his apartment, with a look of achievement and disappointment spread across his face.

I had wanted to punch him in that moment, so God dam hard, but I couldn't because then she'd hate me, and Micah knew that.

So, I just went back into my apartment. The one place were my escape was.

I locked my apartment door, before moving to my room, grabbing a hold of his noise cancelling headphones and pulled his phone out of his pocket, syncing them up.

I open up Spotify, and play the one playlist I thought I would never have to play because of her, 'TS – Most Heart-breaking', and the first song to play is Exile.

Connecting to the music, and crying under my blankets, go together as well as I thought Blue and I went together.

Or as well as I thought we went together.

Remember when I thought she wasn't mine to lose?

Now she was mine to lose, and I lost her.

It's a heart-breaking thing to think about, when the person you've spent all this time with and the person you've grown to love, just leaves. I don't want to think about it, but I do, I think about it.

My heartaches for the one person I cant have.

Want to know what's making this worse? My family is in town next week, and I'm definitely going to get hate for how much I'm eating. Oh yeah, and I've told them all about blue, and they want to meet her.. but now they cant.

I pull my headphones from my ears, letting the music continue to play through it in the background, as I continue to overthink us.

I hear the front door open up, before I hear him yell out, "I'm home, Junior."

I don't respond to George; he doesn't need my negativity right now.

"Oliver, where are you hiding?" He speaks through the walls, before finding me curled up under my sheets, with my headphone around my neck . "Oliver? What's wrong?"

"Global warming."

"Oliver..."

"Micah found out." I speak quietly to him, not wanting to look into his eyes, or it could seem more real than it is.