Chapter 1

"ZAHRA NOOR RAHMAN YOU BETTER GET UP IN 5 MINUTES", hearing my mother scream I woke up suddenly. I straightened my back, checked my phone and noticed it was only 10:00 in the morning. I got frustrated and thought why is Ammi woke me up so early in the morning. I lazily went downstairs and saw my entire family was busy in preparing.

I asked Minahil who was setting the dining table, "Is anyone coming home?".

She looked at me with amazement and said, "Did you forget that Khans are coming for the lunch today?".

I facepalmed myself and realised why Ammi was getting angry. I quicky ran upto Choti Ammi if she needs any help from me.

"Beta, Tell Rahim Chacha to clean the lawn area and help him to set up that place."

Khans are expected to come at 1pm, so I had three hours to clean the lawn area and also to get ready. I did the job quicky and helped others in their work.

Finally I went to room and got dressed in a orange anarkali with golden jhumkas. I tied my hair in a low pony tail and went downstairs.

 I tied my hair in a low pony tail and went downstairs

(Zahra's outfit)

Shahwar Ali Khan is Agha Jaan's childhood friend. They are our family friends as his sons and my father and uncles are also friends since birth. Tayi Ammi is Shahwar Dada Ji's elder daughter. Dada Ji and Agha Jaan wanted to make their bond strong so they got Taya Abbu and Tayi Ammi married.

At sharp 2pm, the Khans arrived at our place. Agha Jaan and Dada Ji took each other in arms with laughter. Everyone greeted each other and sat in the hall area.

Asmara rushed to me, Minahil and Ayeza and took us in her arms. "Asmara, You are suffocating us." exclaimed Ayeza as she choked.

Asmara let us go and said, "Sorry but It was nice to meet you all again after three months". We smiled at her and gave her a tight group hug.

"Where are the children Asfandyaar?", Abbu asked while looking around.

"Marium and Safa have exams tomorrow that's why they won't be able to join today. Ibrahim and his wife are on the way. Daniyal is parking the car."
Asfanyaar Chachu replied.

"Assalamualaikum Rafiq Chachu. I heard that you were looking for me." exclaimed Daniyal as he walked around the hall with a smile. He was clad in a offwhite kurta with offwhite achkan.

 He was clad in a offwhite kurta with offwhite achkan

(Daniyal's outfit)

He made his way to Abbu and Abbu put his arm around him.

Daniyal then headed to Ammi and said,"You are definitely aging backwards." Ammi blushed and slapped his shoulder playfully.

"You don't seem to remember me, Daniyal.", Bi Jaan stated with a stern voice.

Daniyal shouted out dramatically, "How can I ever forget you, my beautiful girlfriend!" while placing his hand over his heart.

Bi jaan kissed him on the forehead after she chuckled at his behavior.

Daniyal is skilled at making everyone around him happy with his overly ecstatic and flirtatious antics. But all they do is make me want to throw up.

Pretentious Buffoon.

"Ayeza and Minahil, go bring the snacks and Zahra serve the juices.", Tayi Ammi instructed with a smile on her face.

I picked the tray of juice from the dining table and headed to the hall area.

Daniyal moved upstairs to bring Hamza bhai down. Meanwhile, I served juices to everyone. Ten minutes later, Hamza bhai and Daniyal came down and joined others in the living area.

"Zahra, serve juice to Daniyal." Ammi whispered in my ears. "He can take it from the table, Ammi." I whimpered. "Where are your manners Zahra? He is our guest here. Go get him some juice." Ammi said raising her voice a little.

I reluctantly got off from the sofa and brought the juice to Daniyal. As he was drinking the juice, he felt someone stomp on his foot causing him to wince and the juice choked him. He began coughing violently, making everyone around him nervous.

"What happened Daniyal? Couldn't digest a glass of juice?", Zahra innocently questioned while batting her eyelashes.

Daniyal's POV

FREAKING FAUX NAÏF

She deliberately did it and now she's acting completely innocent. If naive person with devil's heart had a face then it has to be Zahra Noor Rahman.

"It will be fun to tell Shafia Aunty about this deed of yours." I whispered in her ears in between the coughs.

She snapped at me with horror written over her face and started to pat my back softly. I adore that dread expression on her face. Shafia aunty loves me like her own son and she won't appreciate Zahra's deadly antics on me. That inner peace! I mentally did a victory dance and eventually assured everyone that I was fine.

Everyone got busy in their conversation and I saw Zahra pulling the edge of her dupatta with an angry look. She looked at me and I smirked at her, letting her know her failure and my victory.

Zahra Noor Rahman you don't know the real Daniyal Ali Khan yet.

***

Happy Reading!

Do share your views.