Chapter 7

"Our Prince is waiting for his Princess, Bhai." Hamza Bhai remarked and wrapped his arms around Ehsan's neck.

I heaved a sigh of relief. Call me self-centred, but if your crush starts dating someone, it hurts.

Ayeza nudged me with a wicked smile.

"What?" I asked.

"Don't be so happy. You won't be his Princess." Ayeza

I rolled my eyes at her antics and left the place.

We got busy playing games and planning for the next day.

***

All the family members were gathered in the living area and were discussing about random topics.

"Assalamualaikum, everyone." We all turned to the voice and noticed Asmara. Asmara and I walked up to her and gave her a tight hug.

She sat down with us after greeting everyone.

"Ammi sent mangoes for you all. She feared the mangoes might get rotten, so she sent me now. Sorry for bothering you at this time." Asmara shyly said.

"You are family, Beta. Don't say sorry. I'll bring your favourite fruit custard." Choti Ammi replied. Asmara squealed with happiness, and everyone laughed at her excitement.

"Minahil and Zahra, What are your plans now that you have finished your final exams? Taya Abbu asked.

"I'll continue working in the school, Baba. They are willing to promote me to a higher class." Minahil replied with sheer dedication.

"Good going, Minahil. All of us are proud of you." Agha Jaan remarked with pride.

"What about Zahra?" Abbu asked.

"I'll join the office after the finals, Abbu. But I want to work under Hamza Bhai to understand the office better." I replied, turning to Hamza Bhai.

"But you don't need to work under me, Zahra. You know business management and marketing well. You can work as CO without any assistance." Hamza Bhai stated.

"No, Bhai. I have zero experience. I want to earn the CO position in the office. I don't want people to think I got that position with zero effort." Hamza Bhai patted my head and ruffled my hair.

"I'm not a baby, Bhai."

"You will always be my baby sister."

Hamza Bhai pulled my cheeks, and I passed him an angry look.

"I think it will be better if you work under Ibrahim Bhai for a few months. You can learn better from him." Hamza Bhai suggested.

"I wanted to do that as well. I'm scared to ask Ibrahim Bhai. I know he won't say no, but still."

"Let me talk to Bhai." Hamza Bhai replied, getting up from the couch. I tried to stop him, which I failed to do, and he left the room while dialling Ibrahim Bhai's number.

I slumped on the couch, feeling embarrassed and anxious. Hamza Bhai returned after a few minutes and informed me to visit Khan Corp.'s main office tomorrow at 10 a.m. and meet with Ibrahim Bhai.

It's going to be a long day tomorrow

Next morning

I reached Khan Industry by 9:45 cause I didn't want to ruin my first impression. Abbu accompanied me to tell Bhai not to be lenient towards me.

Desi Fathers!

We went to Ibrahim Bhai's floor and entered his office. The first person I saw there was Daniyal.