The Night of the Comet -2

My plan was pretty simple. We usually tend to try and think of several possible solutions to help ourselves get out of a tricky situation.

The trick is not to think too hard but to stop thinking and breath, calm the mind. The answer is almost always the most simple and right under our nose.

Not sure if this works for everyone but it does for me. Because I know if I actually start to brainstorm, it'll only lead me to overthink, so I just sit still, close my eyes, take deep steady breaths and grab the first thought that passes through my mind, and while that thought could appear to be absurd or impossible, I have enough confidence in myself to make it happen.

I knew I wasn't going to let Caroline be his victim. Naturally, my involvement solved that problem, but the reaction could be Damon trying to pursue Care again or he goes to some other girl. But I knew he wanted an in with the group. Obviously, the option left would be Elena, Bonnie and me. He wouldn't try the witch nor Elena. The only option is me.

I had prepared to handle him if he inevitably came up to me. Him being suspicious of me led to an offensive attack though. I didn't even have the time to enact my plan then.

My plan was actually pretty simple. Just talk. I know it seems ridiculous but words have power and when used right, they could prove to save a person's life, my life.

____________________

My body felt heavy and my head throbbed. I lifted my hand with slight difficulty and pressed it against my forehead. Bringing it back down, I noticed some blood covering my fingers. I opened my eyes with a loud groan. Thankfully the room was dark enough and my eyes quickly adjusted to it.

"You are awake."

I quickly straightened my back and looked towards the doorway of the room. Damon leant smugly against the side of the door.

Clenching my jaw in anger, I stood up from the bed, "What the hell do you want?"

He shrugged and walked towards me, his eyes doing the weird thing, "Everytime I have been near you. Your heart speeds up. Now I would like to believe it's because of my awesome presence but your expressions lead me to believe otherwise."

My body tensed slightly, as he practically invaded my space. Considering we were almost the same height. I didn't have to look up at him. My eyes narrowed, "And what do you believe?"

The vampire smirked and backed away, "You know, don't you?"

I parted my lips but before I could say anything he interrupted me with a chuckle, "You think I didn't notice you trying to occupy the barbie. Now, I could very easily break your neck but first, I want to know how you knew about me before I follow through with my plans."

He looked at me curiously. I know in the early episodes his humanity was off. He really didn't care for much, except his obsession with Katherine. I rolled my eyes, "You kill me and the minute you do the council will be aware of you being a vampire. Now I don't know about you but the technology has really advanced, old man. I wouldn't try anything unless you want a flamethrower to be your opponent." I finished with a smug and teasing smile.

He growled angrily and dark veins appeared below his eyes. He sped towards me and slammed by back against a wall. His hand gripping my throat.

I hissed at the impact. My fingers instinctively grabbed his hand to loosen his hold but to no avail. I snickered through the pain, "Kinky much?" His hand tightened. I gasped as the air was cut off, tapping his hand, I groaned out, "Relax, Let me speak. Please."

We stared at each other for a bit before he stepped back, "What did you do?"

Hmm. That was easy. I wouldn't have expected him to listen so easily.

I rubbed my bruising neck and sighed, "Nothing against you actually. Once I knew the supernatural entered the town. I made plans that if I die out of no-fucking-where, the council would know about all the vamps in the town."

He tsked slightly before nodding. He looked sort of impressed? Smiling widely, which looked unsettling on his emotion less face, he pointed at me, "One, How do I know you won't out me in the future? Two, I wasn't aware the sympathizers were in the council."

Rolling my eyes once again, I walked towards the bed and sat down, "I am not in the council nor do I sympathise.  It wasn't difficult to know the secrets once you observe and well...eavesdrop."

We actually shared a small smirk. I cringed inside. Did we just had a small moment?

"Listen, if I wanted, I could have told them about you ages ago but I really don't want any part in the drama." I looked at him firmly, and with an 'almost' pleading face.

He looked unbothered and his face was blank. It was silent for a moment before again walked up to me. He didn't stop, instead stood me up by the collar of my jacket, he gazed into my eyes, "Forget about the supernatural."

My eyebrows raised in disbelief, "Are you fucking serious? That was kinda pathetic."

The vampire scoffed and backed up causally, "Worth a try."

"Don't even think about bleeding me of vervain. It's in places you can't even imagine." I smirked smugly.

The raven-head looked at me in amusement, "You are fun. Tell you what? As long as you do what I say, I won't kill you."

I shook my head at his deal, "I literally just told you. Me dead, you dead. And I don't want drama."

"Well...true, can't kill you but I am quite experienced in making people miserable." He smiled wickedly.

Yeah. I bloody know that. Fucker making his little brother miserable for over a century. Not really my problem though.

Sighing in defeat, I nodded my head in agreement, "Just keep my brother and Caroline out of this."

He nodded and held up his hand. I hesitantly raised mine and clasped his hand, "Deal." He stated smugly. As if everything worked out just like he wanted, "As long as they stay out of my way."

____________________

Not going to lie I did not expect this to go so easy. There is no way Damon trusts anyone. He is probably underestimating me cause of my human nature.

I agreed to help him. Sort of took Caroline's place. Obviously, I won't let him taste my blood. He just wants to make his brother and his girl freak out. That's a plan I won't say no to.