°♧Chapter One♧°

°~•.---------------------------.•~°

With Larry Johnson...

Sal Fisher had released Larry from his grip, saying goodbye before leaving him to join the other members of their clique, The Metal-heads.

Larry and Sal are probably the Golden Duo out of everyone else in their school. While some people in their school assumed they were dating- due to the fact that they came to school together and left together, seemed inseparable and always stuck up for each other- but those people were wrong.

Larry and Sal were connected in a way that made it impossible for them to be anything but close. They were stepbrothers. Best friends. Partners in crime. The leader and main supporter of their Clique. Musical partners. And more privately, they were Ghost hunters. Sal was literally the Peter Venkman to Larry's Ray Stantz, and Todd was their own gay Egon Spengler.

"I'll meet you after Physics!" Larry called out to him, leaving Sal after he'd assured him that he'd heard what he said.

Many rumours were built to ruin Larry's reputation as the leader of the most popular clique in Nockfell High. Many were fake- like the one Jimmy Nephron made about Larry illegally getting a tattoo on his crotch- but some of them were true.

Like the rumour Hailey Speers spread that Larry was an addict. Anyone who has seen and met Larry could have guessed that she was right. But without solid proof, Larry was as clean as any other student.

Except, he wasn't. Larry was an addict, but not in the stereotypical way people assumed. He understood the drugs he took and how to handle them, he knew not to overdose or take anything a certain amount of time before going to school.

His secret was kept to himself and his closest friends; Sal Fisher, Ashley Campbell and Todd Morrison. During this semester, Larry had been struggling with the content he was assigned to study and write an essay of by the end of the term.

The stress drove him crazy, constantly worried that the school would kick him out for his low effort and bad grades. Larry, unlike Sal, was no academic superstar. Any subject outside of art and music was destined to be a bust.

But if he got kicked out of school now for his lack of effort and grades, then it would affect his resume and files. Meaning he might not get as good as a chance at applying to study art abroad in College.

So far, Sal and Todd had been able to salvage his Mathematics and Science studies, helping him understand more about his curriculum.

But English was the most annoying grade of them all. It could be the reason he got kicked out of Highschool and would be rejected from any good art Colleges.

In response to this new profound amount of stress, Larry had been taking quick and sneaky puffs here and there to calm his nerves. An unhealthy habit that he promised his friends he would execute after he was ensured that he wasn't at risk of being dropped out.

Larry snuck out of the main building of the school through the courtyard, keeping himself covered by the tree shade to make sure nobody saw him.

The least used building in their school was the Drama department. Nowadays, it was more of a spare building with a lack of students signing up for the subject itself.

It was practically abandoned in his opinion. And also the best place to sneak a stress-relieving cigarette.

He could hear the faint mumbling of other students. Maybe a few cliques were designated in this area as well. But even if they were, there were plenty of other rooms for him to use.

Since he was alone in the hallway now, he decided to just take a drag while he had the chance. The flame from his lighter flickered on after a single swipe of his thumb, lighting his cigarette.