Chapter 14- Revenge

I'm excited for this chapter and I hope you all enjoy it! It's quite interesting. I started thinking more into the law side of things for this book since Louis started out in jail.

I'd really enjoy some feedback too! So if you could hit that vote button or give me some constructive feedback that'd be great! I'm always looking for ways to improve!

Don't lose your sanity!

______________________

Piper's POV...

I sat with my legs crossed on Nikki's couch blubbering my eyes out. She handled my pathetic cries of pity fairly well, but she was never one to handle these situations lightly.

"You should break up with him, Piper." She stated blandly.

I sucked in a sob and looked at her horrified. "Nikki, you know I can't do that. I promised him I'd help him! I-" I stopped and wiped my eyes. "I can't just stop now. He needs me!"

"No, Pip, he needs help, but you can't provide the help he needs. He needs professional help." She paused as if she was hesitating on whether to say something or not. "I just, I think it would benefit you both if you broke up. You said you'd promise to help him at all costs, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, at all costs. That's why-"

Nikki cut me off. "That's why you should break up with him. I mean, c'mon Piper, even you should see that this relationship between you two is unhealthy. I support you, but Louis could seriously hurt you. He tried to kill you earlier! Has he even made progress with your help?"

I pondered this for a moment and bit my lip. "I don't know. I mean, I think I provide comfort for him. He uses me when he starts to think of his past."

"That's the key word, 'uses'. He uses you." Nikki sat closer to me and wrapped her arms around me comfortingly. "I don't doubt you two have deep feelings for each other, but it would be best for you both to take a break. Give him some time to try and think things through on his own. He won't learn if you try to fix him yourself. He has to be the one to do it."

She had a point. A point that I wouldn't dare argue with. I sighed and spoke up, "I was going to offer him therapy lessons today. I think that would benefit him. He'd get help from someone other than me."

"He needs more than therapy. I think rehabilitation would do him good. He wouldn't be in contact with anyone and he could definitely clear his mind there. Whatever made him go loony only worsened when he was put in jail. "

"You're right." I closed what space there was between the two of us and engulfed Nikki in a hug. A hug that I needed more than anything. I spoke again after our period of silence, "Can I stay here for a few days until I know it's safe to go back?"

"Absolutely, Piper. You don't even have to ask." She smiled at me.