Chapter 1

The nervousness is killing me as I walk to the cafe. I took care of my hair and chose my favorite clothing. Lucas finally asked me out, and I said yes! Now I'm working that part-time job, Lucas comes to visit every once in a week. But last week was different. He asked me to join him with a picnic in the park. I don't know if I'm falling for him, but I feel safe with him around. Especially after that letter from Six a couple of months ago, yet it was the only thing I got from him. But I can't help but feel scared sometimes. He is still around and unable to die...

I walk into the park territory and enjoy the fresh air. The wind blows softly my hair out of my face, while the spring green grass shines lovely in the sunlight. Birds are singing happily. I let the warmth of the sun touch my skin.  I see Lucas sitting on a red cloth with a basket full of food. As he sees me, he waves.

I come sit by him. Lucas is wearing a thin white shirt and a pair of blue jeans. I'd never actually seen him in daily clothing. He always visits me in his daily shift. Lucas smiles warmly at me. "[Name], I'm glad you could make it!," he says. "Yeah, I'm happy to be here! Thanks for inviting me, by the way, "I reply, smiling. "And..." I take out a basket myself. "... I also got a bit of lunch with me as well." I open the basket to show him some cake and pastries from the bakery. "That looks honestly so much better than mine. It also smells better!" "Come on! It can't be that bad," I chuckle. Lucas opens his basket. "Yum! You call mine better?!" I say pointing at the most delicious flan I've ever seen. Lucas chuckles. We begin to get the food out of the baskets. I can't help but feel watched all of the sudden, I ignore the feeling and continue talking. The sun disappears behind a cloud, and the warmth seems to disappear with it. "Lucas... did you find them?" I ask. Lucas smiles fade away and becomes serious. We both know what we mean by 'them'.

I can't imagine how Lucas has to feel. His father is killed by his brother, who hates him as well. Yet he can smile and be happy, or is it just and act?

"They disappeared. There is nothing left, no trace, no clues, nothing, "the cop replies. "Oh..." I stare at the ground and think back at the day I sold the building. It took me a while before a woman bought it...

"I gladly take this building! I need work space, "said a woman around her thirties. She had black, straight hair that hung over her shoulders. She wore an office jacket with a tight dark dress underneath it. She wore a lot of eye shadow around her eyes. She was the most beautiful woman I ever laid eyes on, but something was off about her. Her eyes didn't match her kind smile, and the aura around her felt very uncomfortable. "You know the history," I asked. "Of course I do," she said, smiling. "You aren't bothered with it?" "No, not at all!" The woman felt strange, but I didn't think too much of it, I wanted to get rid of the building, do I sold it to her.

"[Name]? Hey, are you okay," Lucas voice snaps me out of my memory. "Yeah, sorry. I spaced out, "I say. "Did they contact you in any way?"Lucas asks. "No, they haven't." Suddenly, raindrops fall out of the sky and fall down on my head. I and Lucas take fast out baskets and his blanket. The rain begins to pour on my hair, making it all wet. We run to the nearby bus station, and there stands a little cottage. We stand under it, so we can't get wet.

"What's this?" "What is what?" I look at Lucas. The cop looks on the ground, he has a unreadable expression on his face. I turn where he's looking. "Lucas I-" I want to take the letter from Six that had fallen on the ground, but Lucas is first and reads it before I can say something. "You just said they don't contact you..." "They don't. When I sold the building, I got that letter not much after, but that was months ago, and that was the only thing I got, "I explain. "[Name]..." Lucas turns back to me and holds up the note. "...this is a threat. He had threatened you, why didn't you give this to me?" I sigh and look down.

"I don't know..."

I can see the disappointment  in Lucas' face. "You lied to me." "I didn't tell anything. There is a difference!" My breaths are shaky, I see that Lucas isn't angry, but still. "I'm sometimes still scared, Lucas. I'm scared they come back and put a knife at my throat. I'm afraid if I go to sleep, I might never wake up again because of him." Lucas disappointed face disappears and gives me a sad one. He embraces me with his strong arms, and I can't help but blush. I hug him back and feel my eyes getting wet. All the emotions I felt back then come all back when he hugs me. But I hold myself together, I don't want to cry before him.

I say goodbye to Lucas, and he walks off to the police station with the note. "Please, Lucas. Be safe," I whisper. With that, I make my way back home.

I put on my pajamas and crawl in bed. I pull the covers over my chin. I can't help but feel very uncomfortable. I feel being watched. My heart races for no reason.

Why is this happening to me..?

_________________________________

Hello everyone!

Thank you for checking out the second book of 'Music Box'! It will be a little slow burn but believe me, it will be worth it! Next chapter will come very soon.

Love you so much, be safe out there❤️

Have a nice day/night!!