Chapter 11

I walk down the path in the park, I think about my parents, my friend. Would they be okay? I'm not even sure if Seven is bluffing or not. I'm deep in thought as I suddenly bump into a male. Is it seven?

My heart starts to race as I look up, but to my surprise, it isn't him. "Tony?" I'm surprised to see Lucas best friend in the park... in the middle of the night.... "What are you doing here?" I ask. Tony laughs nervously as he scratches his neck. "I'm just going for a walk," he replies. "What are you doing here?"he asks. "Meeting up with someone." A smile appears on his face. "Oh, I see, you're dating someone, aren't you?"
"W-what no! I mean... I'm not dating anyone it's just a... friend." Tony smiles goes even wider. "I need to ask you a quick question," he says. "Go ahead."
"So you're single?"

Why would he ask that? Maybe he is just being nice again.

"Yes..." Tony gives me a warm glance as he nods in understanding. "Good to know," he says. "Anyway, I probably should head home, I don't want to keep you with your friend."
"Okay, I see you later then." Tony nods and leaves walking furhtur into he opposite direction.

"Who was that?"asks Jace, with a hint of disgust. "Tony, Lucas' friend," I reply shortly. "I met him at the hospital the other day when I visited Lucas." I turn to them both. "You probably should get back in position. I don't want him to know you're here." "He already does." A shiver goes down my spine as I hear a familiar voice. I know he stands behind me, and I see Hener and Jace his face changes in a glare. I turn around to see Ulises, leaning against a nearby tree. "He's expecting all of you," he says. "You work for him, asshole?" Asks Jace. "I don't work for him, but I've seen you got a little trouble with him lately. I decided to take a look myself."
"Why would you do that?" Asks Hener. "I'm bored, and I want something to keep me busy," he says with a neutral face.

"Why do you all keep coming back?" I mumble to myself with annoyance. "That's our job," smirks Ulises teasingly. "Alright, thanks for the information you can go now. Chop chop, "says Jace with an annoyed expression. "Is that the thanks I get?" Ulises smile dissapears. "Well, thank you," I say to him. "Please go."

Ulises walks closer instead. I gather my strength to stay in place and face him with a firm expression. He now stands before, very close. I can feel the tension around us, not only between the two of us but Jace and Hener as well. I don't know why they're not friends anymore, but it must have been bad...

His hand moves up, snapping me out of my thoughts. He takes stray hair and puts it behind my ear, his finger brushing softly on my skin. My cheeks burn up at this, not really sure it's blush or from fear. Suddenly, Hener's hand grabs his wrist, keeping it in place, making sure his finger doesn't brush against my skin again. Ulises slightly smirks. "Jealous much, Hener?" Ulises chuckle is dark and playful, making Hener glare at him more but doesn't say a word.

"What a beautiful reunion," says a mischievous voice. Seven stands not far from us, looking at the scene. "It really wasn't a lie when they all fell for you. It makes me emotional, "mocks Seven. He is wearing dark clothing and has a hood pulled over his head with a mask that covers half of his face. His body is slim and fast in technique. "I doubt you can even feel emotions," mocks Jace back. Seven ignores him and fixes his gaze on me. "What part of 'come alone' did you not understand [name]?"he asks.

"I understand it very well," I say to him. "Then why are they here?" "Then what's the problem? Afraid of them?" His softer gaze hardens as his eyes could shoot me to death.

"I'm not afraid. They can't die, nor can I," he says. "Makes our revenge more sweeter," says Jace, and cracks his knuckles. "If someone takes revenge, then that would be me, five. After all, you're the one who left me there while you escaped. Have you any idea what they do to you when they don't need you anymore?" "I don't really care really", says Jace. Seven grits his teeth in anger. "You should, because I'll let you feel exactly what I felt!"

His behavior somewhat reminds me of six. Only Six enjoys it more while Seven has purpose, a goal he wants to achieve. Right now, that is revenge. Not on me... but for them. But if he wants revenge by them, then why is targeting me?

"Where are my parents, Seven?"I ask. "Oh, they're fine... for now, at least. They asked for you, "he grins sadistically. "They miss you, [name]. Perhaps you would like to join them for a while?"
"We had a deal, seven!" "You broke it first," he chuckles calmly. His face gets darker as a shadow falls upon his eyes. "I guess your parents are no longer for any use for me..." he starts. "I should get rid of them."

My eyes widen at his sentence. "Don't, seven. I beg of you, "I say. My choice sounds more desperate than I wanted it to. "There is a market next week. If you this time come alone, I might keep them alive for just a little longer. Don't disappoint me again, [name]. I'm not bluffing, "he threatens, and before I can even blink, he's gone.

"Well, that's a boomer," says Jace casually. My legs tremble. The word 'might' still in my head who says they're even still alive, they could be dead.

Then I collapse through my knees...