Departure

London 1672

Carlisle came up to me a couple of years after we had our discussion to tell me he was departing from the family. He wanted to find himself. As sad as I was to hear this news, I was happy for Carlisle. He has grown into a fine man, one that I know will strive for greatness. This made me think that maybe I should try the same thing. Of course my family is my safe place and makes me happy. But I think it is time for me to pave my own way. I am in my room working out and I hear banging and muffled moans across the walls.

Me: Again?

Ever since that night Kathrine and I argued we have barley spoken. I don't think we have held a conversation that was more than a couple of sentences with each other. I am always in my room unless Eli and Kat are out. Usually if they are home, I make some excuse to leave. Annoyed with the racket going on I put on some pants and a shirt. I walk out of my room to see Bekah reading. No one understands the bond I have with each of my siblings. I don't even think they understand themselves. But I know it is special with each one of them. Though I haven't really been talking to Eli, so I can't gauge how we are right now. I am sure he thinks I have feelings for Kat. I don't blame him for wanting her away from me.

Bekah: Look who the cat dragged in.

Me: Ha Ha. I have been here the whole time.

Kol: Oh we know. You never come out unless the couple is gone or they are shagging.

Me: Anyway. What book are you reading Bek?

Bekah: Oh I am reading Moby Dick again.

Me: You should know that book like the back of your hand now.

We laugh knowing it is true.

Eli: What are you guys laughing about?

We all go quiet.

Bekah: Nothing really. We should go out tonight!

Kol: Yes!

Klaus comes behind me and wraps an arm around my shoulder.

Klaus: That sounds wonderful.

Eli: Yeah, I can invite Kathrine.

Kathrine: Invite me to what?

Nope. Not happening. Kol, Klaus, and Bekah look at me for a second.

Me: Ah, I don't know. I kinda made plans.

Klaus: Ah sister, forget the plans. Let us find some women tonight.

Bekah: Yes, you can help me find a boy.

Klaus: Not happening.

Me: Niklaus leave her be.

Eli: What do you say Naiah?

I look around yet my eyes are only drawn to one person. We lock eyes and she looks down.

Me: I am going to pass on going out this time.

Kol: Oh come on sister. You haven't been out with us in months.

I don't want to let my siblings down. Maybe I should go..

Kathrine: Eli lets stay in tonight. We can go out another day.

Eli: You sure love?

Love? What the hell.

Kathrine: Yes. Positive.

Klaus: Nai?

Me: Alright fine.

Kol, Kluas, Bekah, and I all get ready in my room and leave. We pass Eli and Kat on the couch and before they speak I leave the room.

Klaus: You have to stop that.