chapter 1

<ChapterOne>

Saihara Pov

...>"Shuichi! Shuichi wake up!"

I open my eyes. Vision blurry. Everything was white. It was so bright I closed my eyes once again.

Shuichi>"a-am i dead..?"

...>"Guys! Guys he's awake!!"

That voice...i'll never forget that voice. My eyes flash open and my whole body jolts off the uncomfortable bed it was laying on.

Shuichi>"Kaede!?"

Kaede>"Hey hey hey- shuichi you need to lay do-"

I cut her off and hugged her while i sobbed onto her shoulder

Shuichi> "i- i- how-"

Kaede> "listen, i know you're really confused right now but i need you to calm down so i can explain everything"

I nodd

Kaede explained everything about how the killing game was all a simulation but it did affect us physically but not to the point we would die. And the simulation was highly advanced so we actually could feel things physically. Some of us have minor side effects and some more major, it was all temporary and no one really died.

  A nurse came in and told everyone to get out of the room so she could check my vitals and other doctor stuff. She made me fill out paperwork and then she gave me my phone and some clothes to wear. She gave me a more brief explanation of basically what Kaede had told me.

Mikan> " o-ok Mr.S-Saihara you should b-b-be able to-t be re-released from the h-h-hospital later t-today with t-the rest o-o-of your cl-assmates."

I nodded my head at the information as she quickly walked out of the room. I took a look at the clothes she handed me. It was a black and gray striped t-shirt with a deep blue baggie zip up hoodie and black ripped jeans along with some black air forces. I put the clothes on quickly and shove my phone in my pocket. Then I dash out the door to find my classmates in the lobby. I don't know why but I can't stop thinking about Kokichi. I really should apologize to him about what I said back in the game. I got to the lobby and found Kaede talking to Rantaro on a light blue couch. I walk up to the two and wave hello.

Shuichi> "Hey have either of you seen Kokichi"

They both look at each other, both smiles fading.

Rantaro> "Kokichi...well...he's locked up in his room and he's not coming out. The only people who he let come in are me, Kirumi, and Gonta." "He's paralyzed from the waist down and his hair is super light purple now. He also developed some stuttering issue from the hydraulic press crushing his throat"

Shuichi> "oh..." "is he ok..?"

Rantaro> "it's not really my place to tell others how he's feeling..."

Shuichi> "oh ok.."

I turned around to see Kaito run up to me with a big smile and slapped me on my shoulder bringing me into a big hug.

Kaito> "hey sidekick! How you doin!?"

Shuichi>"hey kaito!"

Me, Kaito and Maki all talked for a while.

Kokichi> "a-ah! G-g-gonta- t-to tight!"

I turned around to see Gonta hugging [squeezing the life out of] Kokichi.

Gonta> "gonta sorry"

Kokichi>"its o-ok"

Gonta put Kokichi back in his wheelchair and that's when I really got a better look at him. He was pale, he had bags under his eyes, his eyes were different colors they were purple and bright yellow, he was extremely frail, his hair was lavender, he was wearing a white graphic t-shirt with black cargo pants and a puffy checkered hoodie wrapped around his waist. Kokichi's eyes circled the room clearly anxious.

Kokichi> "i-i think i-i should g-go b-back to my r-room..."

Rantaro> "I'm not trying to push your limits lil bro but you've made it so far just by coming out of your room and you wanna turn back now?"

Kokichi> "fine...ill s-stay."

We all talked for a while longer and exchanged phone numbers. Not many people got Kokichi's number though. Mikan, who is the nurse who came to do doctor stuff with me and the rest of my classmates, walked into the room anxiously and waited about 5 minutes before she said something.

Mikan> "e-e-excuse m-me. There will be c-cabs for e-each o-o-of you leading t-to your homes arriv-ving by 7p-pm"

Eventually 7pm hit and we all took our cabs to our designated homes. The drive wasn't too long, it was only about 20-25 minutes. I arrived at a small apartment building and the cab driver gave me a piece of paper saying what floor and what room I was assigned to. Shuichi> "Room 11037 on floor 5..."

I head to my room in the apartment and shove the key that the cab driver had given me into the lock.