Chapter 4

We had little hangouts like these for a couple of weeks and we all really enjoyed it. Rantaro and Kokichi got stoned, and me and Kaede had long conversations. We had a lot of fun! But today Rantaro and Kaede didn't show up. It was just me and Kokichi at the boba shop we always start our hangouts in.

Kokichi> "s-soo?"

Shuichi> "i don't think their gonna show up"

Kokichi> probably n-not ""still w-wanna hang out t-though?"

Shuichi> "sure!"

Me and kokichi left the boba shop with our boba's in hand and started heading down the street

Kokichi> "wh-where do y-you wanna go?"

Shuichi> "uhhh i don't know wanna go to the movies?"

Kokichi> "Sure!"

We called a cab because the theater was 30 minutes away on foot and i didnt wanna walk that long. The cab arrived in about 4 minutes. I put Kokichi in the car and stuck his wheelchair in the trunk of the cab. The drive was like 10 minutes. It was super quiet, and not the comfortable kind. We eventually got there after what seemed like hours. I picked Kokichi up out of the car and set him gently in his wheelchair. We went into the movie theater and looked at the movies that were playing.

Shuichi> "well, what do you wanna watch"

Kokichi> "u-uh t-texas chain s-saw massacre?"

Shuichi> "You sure? It might be scary"

Kokichi nods a little unsure of himself. We bought the movie tickets and some snacks then we went into the theater that was playing it. We sat on the right in the middle row. The only thing playing on the screen was a bunch of theater commercials and movie ads. Everyone in the theater was silent on their phones or eating their snacks already. I realize this was probably an acceptable moment to apologize.

Shuichi> "hey uh...Kokichi?"

Kokichi> "hm?"

Shuichi> "im...I'm sorry for what i said back in the game. It was wrong and selfish. And I know I should have apologized earlier but it was just never the right moment."

I lower my head to face my lap out of guilt.

Kokichi> "hehe...don't worry about it. We all thought we were gonna die...it was a killing game. And we all tried to find some way to find comfort and maybe..maybe you saying that towards me made you feel better!"

He didn't stutter once...

Shuichi> "i-...no that's wrong!"

Kokichi burst out laughing. Shuichi didn't realize what he just said until after he said it. Then Shuichi started laughing.

Shuichi> "i- pff- what i meant was, that didn't make me feel better when i said that. It made me feel worse. And it doesn't make it right so... i'm sorry"

Kokichi looked at me and smiled a reassuring smile and ohmyatuawhyishesofuckingcute- it was a genuine smile. And it was the sweetest fucking thing ive ever seen. I was bushing so fucking hard oh my atua.

Kokichi> "Shuichi? A-are you ok? Y-your really r-red..."

Shuichi> "uh i- i- uh yeah i'm ok i just spaced out for a second- is it hot in here? I think it's hot in here-"

Lowkey. Embarrassing. The movie started playing before Kokichi could say anything. I sunk into my chair out of pure humiliation. A couple minutes into the movie there was already a jump scare. It didn't scare me because I thought it was completely predictable but it scared the shit out of Kokichi, Kokichi jumped back in his chair and grabbed my shirt sleeve. It was cute. I sipped the sweet tea I got from the concession stand.

Kokichi> "eep!"

Another jumpscare. Kokichi dug his face in my arm gripping onto my sleeve. I giggled and unclung him from me then I put my arm around him. He was blushing like hell and I loved it. I need to do this more. Kokichi eased up a bit and relaxed into my shoulder. There aren't anymore jumpscares for a while. And Kokichi was very much enjoying the position he was laying in. His head was in my chest with one paralyzed leg wrapped around mine, one of his arms was around my lower back and his other was laying onto my shirt. I dug my free hand into the bag of popcorn and threw a couple pieces into my mouth.

Kokichi> "eep!"

And a really big jumpscare. Kokichi's reflex pulled him a LOT closer. Now his face was buried in the crook of my neck, both of his arms were wrapped behind my back, his thighs were- basically he was sitting right above my cock and being an adorable mess. Imgonnafuckingexplode all i wanna do right now is just steal him from wherever he lives and make him live in my bed and just cuddle with him forever, fuck. I take my hand and start to play with his hair with my other hand right above his waist. He dug his face deeper into my neck and I rested my chin on his shoulder. Kokichi fell asleep not long after. Eventually the movie came to an end but me and Kokichi didn't pay much attention after he fell asleep and i was admiring every little thing about him going into every detail so much to the ones unseen. I picked him up and set him in his wheel care making sure not to wake him up. My apartment wasnt to far from the theater so I walked and rolled his wheelchair across the sidewalk. Still hilarious that he is still asleep.