(Mahi-Yuvi&others-Sakshi) The odd one out Part 1

Sakshi's pov.

He seemed off. Like seriously, seriously off!
I get it, his life was hectic but he always had the smile on his face, you know that used to charm his way through life.

But today something seemed terribly off.
And I practically didn't had any idea, why?

He had talked to Cheeks and Ro a day ago. Scolded Harry for his nincompoop habits. And supposedly they all were going to have a get together, the youngsters.
And he had encouraged them to go out, suggested a few names of cool restaurant too, then what happened?

He listened to Ziva's absolute non- sensical chatter with utmost interest, giving in inputs in between, though he smiled a little but it didn't reach upto his face. What seemed more ugly that he looked dull and weared off.

And I had been observing these things from past three hours. And it was enough.

__________
"What is wrong with you?" Sakshi blurted out, disappointed.

"What?" He pulled a confused face, as his head rose up from the book, that he was feigning to read.

"Why are you so dull today? Are you not feeling well? Did you fight with someone? Did you do something wrong? Did you scold cheeku or Ro? Why do you have this long face?

" What are you, my mother?" Mahi giggled dryly, and ignored her questions.

" No, your law fully wedded wife! Answer me fast." Sakshi folded her arms against her chest.

" What do you mean? I am fine!" Said Mahi, nonchalantly, ignoring her piercing eyes.

" Okay." Sakshi continued gazing, as she observed how uncomfortable and  fidgety he got under her presence. He was definitely not upto something  good.

" Stop boring holes into me Sakshi. It's quite late. Let's sleep" Mahi said, keeping his book on the bedside table, while switching off the lamp. He quickly adjusted himself in the comforter and pretended to sleep even when sleep was far from his eyes.

"No, we are not. Get up and talk to me" she quickly turned on the lights, as she pulled him up. He glared at her, groaning in irritation. Why did she always had to pester him when he was not feeling good?

" Sakshi, Please. I am tired. Let me rest."

" You can, after telling me whats bothering you?"

" Do I really have too? And seriously, nothing is bothering me! Stop worrying about me so much."

"Because I love you, Mahi. And if not me, who will worry about my husband? Your poster girlfriend?" Sakshi said, teasing him with her eyes. He puckered his face in disgust first, but seeing her calm face, the love and care radiating out of it, his heart filled up with love for her, all over again. He decided to give upon his facade and hugged her tightly, while she rubbed his back in a soothing way.

" Mahi, I ––" before Sakshi could say anything, Mahi kept his head on her lap, using her as a pillow. She adjusted him in her lap as her one hand tousled through his hair.

" Mahi, what happened?"

" Everything happened. Everything is so wrong, Sakshi and I destroyed everything with my own hands."Mahi vented out his pain as tears trickled down his eyes.

" What are you saying, Mahi?"

" I feel so burdened, Sakshi. I feel so left out."

" Why, baba?" Sakshi asked, endearingly, caressing his hair.

" I have everything, yet nothing, you know."

" I still don't get it, Mahi."

" Virat, Rohit, Jinks, Bhuvi, Jaddu, they share such pure bond, Sakshi. And I adore it so much.