The odd one out--II

"Okay."
"So listen."

"We surely had hit a rough patch, Mahi. But you have it all wrong and believe me, you are not the only one at fault. Sure,I was totally heart broken to find you not beside me, when I needed you. I hated you for that moment, I loathed our bond and absolutely despised the time when we were friends, and if I am being truthful I was jealous, too." Yuvi said, moving towards the large window. He sure had a lot on his mind and for five days, he had practised everything he had to say, because his dumb friend did took after his certain kid in overthinking.

"Jealous, of me? Seriously? Of what? Were you jealous that you weren't getting hate over removing your friends, the seniors from the team, even when you had no hand in it? For not contacting them, or getting to read things like"Dudh mein makhi ki tarah nikal ke fek diya"directed towards you, Huh? What were you jealous off? That I had to deal with taunts from people I had no relation with? Or were you jealous that no one was accusing you of destroying their careers? Or no one accused of sopt-fixing? What was making you jealous?" Mahi's agony knew no bound. He wanted to clear things from so many years, and today was his cue.

" You said, you will keep your mouth shut!" Yuvi barked, though each and every word Mahi said, pricked him

" I won't!" Mahi wiped his tears, and glared at him with his innocent eyes.

" Chup karja, and listen to what I got to say!" Mahi's urge to retaliate landed dead when he had three guys, eyeing at him like a eagle, ready to eat him up.

"Yes, I was jealous of you, but because you got to play for the country, like I never did. You were supported, loved, and worshipped upon. But we–– never had that." Yuvi condemned his heart and mind for thinking so stupid, but it is what it is.

" And not only him, but we were too." Bhajji felt bad for Mahi, but they had held things against him. And why won't they, even though they were best of friends, giving up on something they loved, hurt like hell. And even he said that he had no hand in Team selection, he was the captain.
He obviously had a say at it and he had chose to ignore it. Things were wrong at both end, and it was almost time that they solve it.

" I am sorry, that you had to go so much because of me. I never wanted it." Mahi said, weakly. His head was burning, and his energy to endure all of this was not at par with theirs.

" Mahi this all can wait. You should rest! You are not looking so well." Ashu said, concerned about the man, whose eyes were drooping.

" Ashu, you don't understand! This is my medicine. This is what I need. I want to clear everything, which I should have done year ago, but I didn't. Which is where I faltered again, and; I feel miserable about it–"

" Tu na, bahut bolne laga hai, aur bolta bhi hai toh bakwaas bolta hai. Kyun faaltu mein apne aap ko self hatred trip pe leke jaa rha hai? Did we accuse you of anything? And when we asked you to shut up and listen, then you oblige to us!" Yuvi sat near Mahi, scaring the guts out of his,  adorable friend.

" Maine toh aisa kuch bola bhi nhi hai––" Mahi pouted

" Tu toh chup hi reh, samjha! Ek toh tu gobar dimag mein bhar rakha hai, aur upar se Sakshi bhi chaar bate sunake gyi hai!

" Achha, aisa kya bola?"

"How do you think we got to know what your useless peice of brain was concoting? Obviously Sakshi told me everything, and I had to take it up on my bulky and ripped shoulders to correct everything." Yuvi got up from his bed, and flaunted his biceps in boisterous voice.

" Oh, please. I am more ripped than you" Did Mahi ever backed down from competing with Yuvi? Never, never in his life.

" Oh please, I have three shoulder days, in one week