-13-

Atlas POV

[■□□□□□□□□□] 10%

As we walked back, I kept looking at Cyrus. Watching for any attempts at telling the others. The mall kept getting louder though. Louder. Brighter. Busier.

Everything kept invading my senses and mind but I put up with it. It was the only thing keeping me from realising that Cyrus had seen. Everything. He had seen the scars. He had seen the bandages.

I blinked, trying to not only keep my thoughts away, but also drown out the overwhelming noise of the mall. Suddenly, I bumped into something hard. Looking up, I saw what it was. Ah. Riftyn. He looked down at me, amusement flickering in his eyes, before talking to Magnus. Wait. Magnus?

Quickly looking around, I realised we had stopped. We were at the food court, and had met up with the others. Oh. Maybe I was a little too distracted with my thoughts.

Either way, Magnus soon brought us over to a table. We all sat down, and almost instantly, the warm chatter of the boys was brought forward. How they were so comfortable in a situation like this, I didn't know.

Although Niko seemed a little on edge. Maybe he didn't like the mall either- but he was basically jumping up and down this morning. Even so, I knew that I didn't like the mall.

I paused a bit, stuck in my own thoughts, before I was brought back by someone calling my name. "Atlas? What did you want?" it was Colten.

"Hm?" I raised my head. Oh. Food. "I'm not hungry" I told them. It wasn't exactly a lie. I guess I wasn't not hungry. I just... didn't want to eat here. Of all places. Let alone anywhere.

Magnus narrowed his eyes at me, but supposedly let it go because we were in the mall. "Alright." he nodded. "Who's coming with to get food?" Almost everyone put their hands up. In fact, looking around, it was everyone. Who would have thought.

Even Cyrus, who didn't like eating too much put his hand up. Ever looked back at, concern written all over his face. "You'll be okay for a couple of minutes?" he asked. I shrugged, before turning away my face.

He cared. He cared he cared he cared. He actually cared. He asked if I was okay. He cares. They care. A warm bubbly feeling erupted in my chest as they left. I could feel my eyes warm as tears prickled at the edges.

I don't think I've ever had someone ask if I would be alright. And now Ever and the others were. Looking back at them, I realised just how far they had gotten. Soon enough, a group of laughing girls covered them from my sight. It was then that I realised just where I was.

With the guys gone, I looked around as everything seemed to get louder, and more people seemed to swarm my vision. The lights got brighter, and I blinked haphazardly, trying to get my focus back.

My leg shook beneath the table, and I gripped the hem of my jumper. Loud noises filled my ears, and I ended up squeezing my eyes tight, wanting it all to go away. I could feel the warmth of others around me.

It wasn't good warmth. It was scary warmth. I wanted out. I didn't want to have to stay here. To wait here. I was trapped. I didn't know where to go. Everywhere just seemed loud, and bright, and my vision kept falling out of focus.

I looked up, and the bright lights blinded me, and I felt like I was looking at the hot sun. Everywhere I looked I could barely see, and the chatter of crowds kept filling my senses. I couldn't think straight.

I could barely move my hand without it shaking. I didn't know what to do. Feeling a warm hand on my shoulder, I was brought back to reality. Snapping my head up towards the hands owner, my fist was already in motion.