-16-

Magnus POV

[■□□□□□□□□□] 10%

My eyes narrowed at Cyrus, and he shifted on the spot. "Why. Didn't you tell me." I asked him, and he shivered under my gaze. "Atlas told me not to." He mumbled.

"No. I don't want what Atlas told you. Why wouldn't you tell us about this. He was- God Cyr" My voice was laced with disappointment. I wasn't angry anymore. "He was fucking cutting himself. You should have told me as soon as you could!" Cyrus's eyes widened at my language, before nodded miserably. 

"You tell me if this ever happen again. No matter what the consequence." I told him, and he seemed to shrink in his place. I sighed, fingers pressing in between my eyes, before sending him out of the office. God.

 What was I going to do. We had a couple of people self harm, but that had been a while ago- I can't believe one of my boys would self harm. I also can't believe stupid ass Spencer would go to that level. Atlas didn't deserve any of this.

 Losing myself in my thoughts, I only looked up as Niko popped his head in.

"Uh- Atlas is awake." I nodded, following him out of the room. Atlas was sitting on his bed, staring at the ground. He glanced up at me as I walked in, and his eyes seemed hollow. I sent Niko out of the room, before sitting beside Atlas. 

"Hey." I greeted, and Atlas nodded in acknowledgement. "I- I'm sorry." I told him, and this time he fully looked at me. No surprise was written on his face. Nothing was. He was just as emotionless as usual. If I didn't know better, I would say that none of today had affected him. But the blood running down his lip told me otherwise.

 "Hey- don't- don't bite your lip" I murmured, hesitating before placing my hands over his face. He made fists, but otherwise, didn't try anything. He was doing well. He shrugged. "Can I... see?" I asked him, and he took a moment to reply.

"Okay." He agreed, and I felt my heart lighten. I watched as he raised his shirt. On any other day, I would have been staring at his body. The curves, and lines of his muscles, the way his veins popped out. But I wasn't focused on that.

 I was focused on the shaky artwork of cuts over his side. I knew I shouldn't be calling it an artwork, but- the way it snaked around his torso really was beautiful. It was like a deadly tattoo. I shook my head, looking up at him. "Why," I asked him softly, and he looked away. 

I could almost imagine the blood running down his side, as he drowned out his thoughts with them. "I got away. I got away from them," He whispered. I frowned. "There are so many other ways little kitten" I watched as he fought down a blush, and I smiled. 

"We're here for you" I told him, and his eyes went wide. "You- you are?" my heart broke as I smiled.

"Of course."

"I- I'm sorry. I was c- clean for so long. But I just- I couldn't get away. I'm not supposed to be here. I should be allowed any of this." I kept watching him, my eyes slowly beginning to water.

 "I can't get away from them. They're always here. My- my father and brother" his voice broke, and this time, my eyes widened. "What did they do?" I asked softly, not wanting to provoke him.

"They're the reason. I can't eat with them there. I can't be happy with them there. I can't smile with them there. I- I can't- I shouldn't be allowed to do any of this." he mumbled, and tears began to prick in his eyes. "They're not here anymore. They can't hurt you." I whispered, and he flinched.

"How-?" I looked down at him, eyes trailing over his body. He looked at the ground, nodding shamefully. "I'm sorry" he whispered, and I shook my head.

"This isn't your fault." He looked at me, and this time as he looked at me, I could see his eyes. I could see through. I could see the pain. I could see the boy who had kept on living. I could the boy who was fighting to stay alive. I could see the boy who was trying. 

His fists unclenched as I brought him into a hug, and he let out a sigh. Snuggling into my arms, I felt him relax, and my heart leapt. He- he wasn't scared. He was hugging me. Tears ran down my face for him, and I watched as his did the same. 

It wasn't over. I knew that. But- he was here. Safe in my arms. One step closer. I leant my head back onto his bed, running my hands over the soft skin of the back. My fingers trailed over his scars. 

I could only imagine what he had been through. 

[■■■■■■■■■■] 100%