Chapter 1

I stayed curled up in the corner of the train cart. I felt like I haven't slept in days. Well....I have been up all night but still. I stared at the stars and moon while the train made loud noises scraping across the tracks. I saw a faint light in the distance and hoped it was a town. I felt a bit if nervousness and excitment arise from pit of my stomach. I need to wash my clothes maybe there's one in town hopefully. I'm finally starting to run out of stock on food to. Maybe I'll make a stop in town. It looked to be miles away so I decided to at back and relax. I'm not even sure what time it is but I don't have a care in the world. I've been riding this train for over a week or two now and I'm feeling a bit better with everything that's happened in the last month. I've lost everything I've known and had my whole life. Hard to think it all came crashing down like that. It's like I could see the outline of my familys bodies in the sky. My mom brother and sister, there was another one but I wasn't sure who's it was. I didn't have a dad growing up. I sighed and shift to the edge so my feet would hang off the side of the roof of the train cart. I spread soul preception wide this time to see if I couldnt find any souls other than animals. It's true, that is a town out in the distance, I sensed many souls toward the light out in the distance. It was lit up around the city from all the city lights. I was glad to see other peaceful souls resting in their beds sleeping. I could feel many dreaming and few awake. Hopefully the laundrymatt is open at this time .

....

"Well here we go. I had all my stuff packed and hanging off my back In few bags. The train will not be making this stop so I must jump off. I sighed thinking about how much I am going to miss this train cart. Over the short time I have made a lot of memories and seen so many things. I grunt as I hop out of the cart and almost tumble as I hit the ground. With one swift move I am running through the country field to the town at the average speed of a running cheetah. There will be one thing Ill never understand, why I am who I am. I steady my thoughts and nerves as I run. I count my pulse over 209 and my adreline is running,I feel great for a few moments.

I reach town and there are some people in the local bars getting drunk and I find the laundry Matt completely empty and....open. it's open? Good! I dump my clothes into a washer and lay on a bench and eventually pass out from the long boring wait.

'I walk down the street towards my home and I get looks of sadness and pity from the neighbors."why the glared?" I whisper to myself. I try to ignore them but the smell of fire invades my nose, I start to think the worse and rush home to find the worse. My home has been set ablaze and the firefighter standing there tells me there were no survivors.'

I jolt awake and see someone I. front of me. He smiles like yes glad to see I'm awake and says "hey there, I tried to wake you because you were wincing in pain and twitching. But when I couldn't get you to I decided to put your clothes in the dryer for you."
I stand up a little nervous. "Thanks." I give my best smile. And walk to the vending machine to get a snack since I have more money now. He walks over an leans against against the machine. "Yes?" I say.

"I got a question." He states.

"What?" I demand.

"First of all let me introduce myself, my name is Ralph, you can call me Am if ya want." He claims.

"Krai," I state blankly.

"Pretty name " he smiles.

"Thanks" I tmstretch the one word.

"How about instead of eating junk out of a vending machine, I'll take us both out for a breakfast meal?" He questions looking hopeful.

"What why? You don't even know me!" I start.
."so, just being a gentlemen to a pretty lady." He grins.
"Awfully bold I see. But I guess.... I have nothing better to do." I say and get something to drink instead. He smiled and starts to fold his laundry as my dryer beeps that it's done. We both fold our clothes and leave. I have a feeling I'm gonna beat myself up over this on the ride there.

(Authors note: I hope everyone enjoys this story. I may make some change throughout the time I will be working on this story. But enjoy! :D)

Like comment or vote!