Chapter 7: The Truth

Ralph:
I quickly lay Krai on the bed try to figure out what's wrong. Can't call the cops she'll get mad. I notice a book laying by her bag. It's a small brown leather back book, I pick it up thinking something useful will be in it. There's already a page marked. There's a section for powers maybe that'll work.

Creature: Demon Warrior
Name:Stitches
From a small unknown part of Egypt.
Poses as a superhuman. A baby Demon wariior is only born with 2 natruam powers, but inherits the rest from family. Powers past down to the parents of the baby than when the parents die the baby inherits all inherited and natrial born powers from both parents. So in total of 8 powers will be inherited to the demon child. When not done in rituals all powers not inherited by ritual dance will all be given to the child at the same time causing an overflow of different powers using all energy of the body to  stablized itself. Until body is stablized and fully energized the demon warrior must rest.

I close the book feeling relieved. She's just sleeping. I'm just gonna go with that, even though the book is about legendary animals and creatures. I go it into the kitchen to get something to drink. What's has this girl done to me? I'm so weak, she probably sees me as a weakling. I sigh and take another drink of my water bottle. I wish I could ask her what's wrong. I look over at the clock and it's 5Am , maybe I should just go to bed.... That's it! Bed! Sleep! "I need sleep!!!" I yell running to the bed room. I jump into bed and try to fall asleep. It's li d of hard to when your awake and ready to work or whatever. So I decide to lay there and stare at the ceiling Until I get tired.

I finally fell asleep around who knows when.

I woke up in a small bed wearing different  clothes. I hoped I'd be in the right dream. I need to talk to Krai. I get up and dash out the door tripping on a floor board.  I feel a pair of rough feeling arms around me instead of feeling the hard wooden floor.

"Are you okay?" I hear a familiar voice.
"Yes!" They help me stand up. When I open my eyes I'm met with someone unfamiliar.  "I don't get it you sound so much like her but don't look like her." I look down a bit saddened that it's not Krai standing there.

"But it is me, this is my true form." She sighs and lowers her eyes. She starts to walk away and I start to feel bad. I didn't mean it like that.

"What happened to you?" I ask following her.

"Whats it matter? this was going to happen sooner or later."she states.

"Because-" "I'm a monster." She cuts me off.

"No." I sternly say and she stops and turns around. She stares at me looking angry but in a kind of soft way. 

"Follow me" she says waving a finger. As she turns to walk away I start to say something something tells me to keep my mouth shut.

I follow her outside and it's a lot brighter than before but still dark. Kind of like when the sun starts to set.

"Anyone who is a ghost please come here." She yelled.  A few people walk up looking kind of transparent. They are ghosts though.  She guided them to a circle. She walked and quietly stood in the middle of all of them.

"I even look like a monster." She whisper. Her pigtail caught fire on one side the other turning to what looked like ice. She held up her hands with fire in one and ice in the other.  

"I am a mixture of all earth. All things earth and on abjects I can control." She swings her hands sending fire to one of the people in the circle. It's goes through them but I'm sure if it was a real person it would've melted them.  After a ring of fire flares up around then and the dissapear. She sends ice to another which again if was a real person wouldce stab through their stomach and heart, after a cover of ice builds up around then closing them in. "I can bend anything I want, wind," she send a gust of wind at me, "water" she makes it pour around me and I become soaked. "Ground" she cause the ground under her rise up.  And she went about 5 ft" in the air looking down on me. "I can see your soul it quivers at my powerful force, I know you can feel it." She glared down and I was shaking in my shoes. I wasn't scared I was just shaking. Stairs popped up in front of her an she started to walk down as the popped up. "Thats only a few of my powers, the rest are more inside things"she says blankly.

"What do you mean?" I ask.
.she doesn't say anything but walks closer. I watch all over her stitches move with her skin, I felt so shocked. But, I don't know why.I was lost in my thoughts until I felt like I was being lifted. Krai had my on her back and was just standing there squinting into the distance. "Krai whatre doing?" I ask.

"See that balcony at the top of that tree away out in the distance?" She point and I squint. 

"Better hold on, time to experience and there one of my powers, I've only used it once." She grins looking back at me.  I grip my arms around her tighter and jumps up into a tree and it bends down. When it finally stops bending from our weight she jumps onto another roof,  "Krai whatre you doing!?" I panic. "Aint I heavy?"

"No!" She laughs running and jumping off of roofs.

"How fast are we going ?" I yell a bit to loud. 

"About 85miles per hour but I can go faster if you like"   she laughs speeding up. I hold in tighter as she runs faster. I close my eyes from fright of the  and the next thing I know we're on top of the balcony high in the tree. It's a beautiful sight.   The rolling fields, this place was a lot bigger than I thought. There's only a few places I can see out in the distance but other than that there's nothing hut mountains and rolling hills.  "What a sight." I smile. I wait for a reply but to look over and see that I'm the only one.

"Krai?" I walk around the balcony.

"Up here." I look up and she's balancing legs crossed on a thin tree branch above me.

"Whatre you doing?" I ask.

"I am at peace." She states. I watch her sit so balanced and peacefully on the thin tree branch. I couldnt help but stare at the the stitches growing longer on her legs. Some were branching off and going another way.  "Can I ask a question?"

"Sure." She replies.

"What's all the stitches about? More keep appearing or growing longer." I ask.

"I haven't been around for long, but since I have inherited so many powers from so any people over the years I have inherited the stitches of the fallen ones. I am a warrior after all." She explains. I stare at the ground thinking of all the fallen from past wars.

"Are you alright?"  I turn around and she's hanging upside down making us face to face. "I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" I say backing up hitting the railing.

"I'd be careful is I was you. I never said the balcony was the strong. Especially the railing."  I try to step forward but trip on a rock falling backwards breaking the railing. The last thing I see is a look of shock on the face. Were so high in the sky. I turn facing the ground a see how high we are, I realize I won't be waking up. Ever again. I except my fate and close my eyes and just enjoy what time I have left.

(A/N: so I know I haven't been doing my best leately. I've been pretty busy lately. I just got my job a few weeks ago and it's kept me busy most of the time. But I will be updating when I can. I hope you're enjoying the story. I know the chapters are long but isn't that a good thing? Haha so like comment r going vote! Thanks for being so patient with me!)