Part Two: Drama

It had been about a week since Jooheon had snuck you into Spaceship Entertainment's practice room. You'd met a few other trainees that were there, proceeding to get caught by Spaceship employees who'd promptly (but politely!) escorted you back out of the building. You'd heard Jooheon had gotten in trouble for the little stunt, but he still remained the talented trainee under Spaceship.

You sighed to yourself, reflecting on all of the embarrassing bowing you'd done to the staff there. That was the last time you were going to let Jooheon get his way. Well... That's what you said but... You sighed again, shifting the accounting textbooks you were carrying into your other arm.

'Y/N! What's all that sighing about?' Jooheon's voice called from down the hall.

You glanced over your shoulder, noticing him pitter-patter up to you with a spring in his step. Hmm, he seemed to be in a good mood. Class must've ended early.

'I was just thinking,' you answered light-heartedly.

'Well, don't overthink things yeah? I know your head can be pretty mean to you when it wants to,' he huffed back.

Was he concerned? That was sweet. You smiled fondly at him, watching his adorable cheeks colour as he quickly changed the subject.

'You just finished class right? Are those your textbooks? Whoa they look smart!'

He insisted on carrying at least half of the pile in your arms and you agreed. You then proceeded to say that it wasn't that 'smart' at all. They were just books with information on the subject. That's all.

'Well, it's not easy, so it must be smart,' Jooheon replied thoughtfully. He turned over one of the textbooks in hand, humming aloud. 'Y'know I think one of the trainees did something like accounting before. He's got the degree for it already.'

'Eh? Really?' You asked, surprised.

'Yeah. He changed his mind about his career choice though, obviously. But maybe it'll help him as a back-up plan?'

'Is it such a good idea to think about having a back-up plan when you're a trainee?' You mused.

'Hm? Well, it's not a bad idea. But it'll definitely take away from your focusing on, well, being a trainee.' Jooheon scratched his chin, deep in thought as you walked. 'I dunno. I personally couldn't have a back-up plan. Rapping and performing is all I've ever wanted to do.'

Yeah... It was. You had been known that from the very beginning. Jooheon had been born to become a performer, there was no doubt about it. It... It was nice that he had a dream he was so keen on. You momentarily wondered if accounting was something like a back-up plan to you. Was there something else you'd rather be doing...?

'Oh, Y/N! Look it's Hyungwon!'

As the pair of you passed by the campus second-floor windows, you spotted Chae Hyungwon down below, walking along the pebblestone pathway on his own. Tall with model-like features, Hyungwon had been one of Jooheon's fellow trainees that you'd met the other day.

'So it is. Looks like he's going home,' you thought aloud.

'We need to catch him!'

'Huh?'

Looking like he'd just remembered something, Jooheon suddenly turned to you, peering intensely into your eyes. Your cheeks burned with shyness under his heavy gaze.

'Y/N! Hoseok and I were gonna go and try out this new pizza place that opened up on the other side of town!'

'H-Huh? Who?'

'Do you want to join us?!'

'Jooheon-?!'

'That's a yes right? Or are you busy this afternoon...?'