Chapter 35: Ms. Yori.

The class has ended and everyone is leaving.

Hitomi walks by my desk before leaving with the others and whispers, "I'll wait for you outside, just in case."

She is the last person to leave the room and the door shuts behind her.

I'm now alone with Ms. Yori. And what's worse is, I think she's been eyeing me the entire time since she got here. Definitely creepy af.

Bracing myself a bit for whatever is going on, I grab my bag, get up from my desk and start walking toward Ms. Yori's teacher's desk at the front of the classroom. The entire time, she makes direct eye contact with me and I feel ever uneasy.

I don't even know if I have any questions for her. This is very sudden but I don't think I've done anything to get myself in trouble. Or at least, not that I know of.

I arrive at her desk, "You wanted to see me, Ms. Yori?"

"I did, yes", she said not breaking eye contact with me for even a second, "It has come to my attention that you've started an intimate relationship with another girl in this school."

My eyes open a bit, but someone knowing about my relationship with Yuna shouldn't be surprising. Everyone in this entire school knows that we're a thing. Although, isn't it strange that she knows about it considering she's new to this school?

"What about it? Is there something wrong?", I ask her, trying my best to get over the conversation as soon as possible. It's not like having a relationship is against the school rules, gay or otherwise.

I'm taken aback by Ms. Yori suddenly laughing to herself, "I'm pretty sure you already know what is wrong, Y/N."

At first, I'm lost on what she means, but then for the first time breaking eye contact with me, she looks toward my wrist.

"Nice tattoo", she compliments before looking back at me.

I quickly glance at my wrist and then hide my arm behind my back, staying silent.

Who is this bitch?! She knows about the succubus mark?!

An ominous presence fills the room and the entire room suddenly becomes significantly darker.

I turn my head to the classroom windows and what I see has me utterly confused: It's no longer morning as the day has turned to night. But the thing that catches my attention the most outside is the moon. It's large and red, a blood moon.

Feeling a chill down my spine, I turn back to face Ms. Yori, but she has disappeared from her desk. Just like a jumpscare from a movie, she's instead right next to me as I turn my head toward the direction of the door.

My heart almost gives out at her appearing next to me without making a sound.

Ms.  Yori looks directly at me before reaching her hand out toward my face and I instinctively shut my eyes and freeze.

The necklace around my neck is being pulled on slightly. When I open my eyes, Ms. Yori is holding the charm in her right hand while its chain is still attached to my neck.

However, as I look at her hand holding the charm, I hear a sizzling sound like oil in a heated frying pan. The burning heat of the charm is causing small smoke clouds to raise from where it's in contact with her skin.

"A healing and protection charm. Cute", she chuckles. She lets go of the charm and it falls back to my chest.

I see a huge mark of burned flesh in the shape of the charm in the palm of her hand.

She looks at her hand and then it starts healing itself in a matter of seconds. She smiles and observes her hand as if she's admiring a fresh manicure.

My heart starts to beat fast and everything starts to sink into me that I'm not dealing with a human being.

"Your sister is surely gifted", she glances back at me.

She knows about my sister too?! Just how much does she know?!

"Your wrist, Y/N. Show it to me", she commanded with her hand on her hip.

"Hitomi, help!!", I shout loud enough to echo the entire room, but before I know it, all I did was blink and Ms. Yori was gone again. Before I could call for Hitomi again, I'm pinned from behind on the teacher's desk.

My arm is being held behind my back and it hurts.

"I really hope you're not someone who is into something like this", I hear Ms. Yori behind me, "Regardless, you should know that any screams you make won't be heard by anyone. For now, we're not in a plane of existence you're familiar with."

She starts twisting my arm and I let out a small scream. I can feel her fingers tracing over the mark on my wrist.

"Hmm, a variant of the full succubus mark. You lucky thing, it'll be a little while before she kills you."

I feel her pressing the weight of her body against mine from behind, and she leans her head next to mine while keeping me fully restrained.

"So, how many times have you done it with her?"

My face goes red at her question and I'm processing just how dangerous this woman is.

"I'm still waiting for an answer", she chimes in my ear.

"Go fuck yourself", I manage to say.

Ms. Yori laughs out loud at my retort, "Have you still not comprehended how much shit you're in?"

Before I could say anything else, she gets off me.

I turn around and grab my aching arm with the other. Ms. Yori is now standing there with a smug look on her face as I fall to the floor on my knees.

"Fine. I'll give you a bit of advice", she speaks confidently, "Don't sacrifice your silly life for some pathetic romance in your youth. You don't even know if she'll even still love you a few years from now. Bring the demon girl to me and I'll help you preserve your life. You can live the rest of your life with whatever cute human girl you come across."

And again, before I could respond, she turns around and starts walking toward the door.

At that moment, the classroom returns back to normal with the warmth of the sun shining through the windows behind me.

"Think about it. I'll give you until tomorrow to decide. I look forward to your compliance", she turns her head around and winks at me before exiting the classroom.

Not too long after Hitomi walks in.

"Hey, Y/N! Are you okay?!", Hitomi asks getting down to the floor where I've knelt down.

I don't respond to her, instead, I just hold onto her and hug her tightly.

Hitomi doesn't say anything and wraps her arms around me, my whole body shaking in her arms.

The only thing echoing in my head right now is that Yuna is in danger.

--------------------

A/N:

May 11th. You know what that means? This is now Year 3 of writing this book! 

The finale is still a ways away, and I'm sure you don't want me to hint at what chapter it'll finish on, so I'll keep that to myself :3

Nothing special this time as I'm also working on art stuff for Pride next month with my fiancee.