Chapter 43: Ready for Round Two?

Yuna and I arrived at the school gates together, holding each other's hands. There are still some students making their way into the building.

After what feels like forever, we're finally back here.

I just wish it was under better circumstances.

Yuna squeezes my hand once she realizes I've started to shake again.

"Remember: It's okay to be scared", she encourages.

"Aren't you scared as well?"

"A little bit, yeah."

I have my doubts.

"Are you just saying that to make me feel better?"

"Just a little", she giggles, "Honestly I just want to go in there and rip her tongue out while Ice Nine Kills plays in the background."

"Intense", I remarked, "Follow the plan, dork."

"Who are you calling dork, dork?", she teases back, gently pushing against my shoulder.

We laugh at each other.

When we stop, I start to speak, "Hey, if I die-"

Yuna puts her lips to mine before I can finish my sentence. I'm silenced by her intimate kissing.

She pulls away, "The only way you're dying is by me. And even then, I'm not letting that happen." She strongly reassures.

I become a blushing mess. I almost want to start saying more stupid things so she can shut me up again and again.

"I'm happy you're my first", I shyly confess.

"Which first?", she winks.

I roll my eyes, "Girlfriend."

"Me too", she smiles, "I'm the only girlfriend you're going to need anyway."

"Yay for me?", I awkwardly say.

We decide to stop delaying the inevitable.

"You got this", Yuna reassures me as she begrudgingly separates our hands, "I'll be close by to save you if anything happens."

"Thanks. I love you."

"I love you too."

Yuna disappears from beside me and I make my way to class.

Once I'm by the door, I do a quick breathing exercise and make my presence known by entering the classroom.

Unsurprisingly, Ms. Yori is there at the front by her desk. Everyone is already seated.

"Ah, my favourite student", she spots me and smiles as I walk in. She takes notice of my arm brace, "Oh no, what happened to your arm?", she asks, pretending to not know the cause.

"I had a bit of a biking accident over the weekend."

I literally never learned to ride a bike.

"I'm sorry to hear", she puts on an act of concern, "I hope you get better. See me after class and I'll see what I can do to make it better."

I would rather off myself with a pencil.

"Um, thank you," I replied awkwardly.

I can hear some disgruntled boys in the classroom but I quickly ignore them this time around.

I spot Hitomi at her desk. Once we make eye contact, I nod to signal that I'm okay.

At my desk, I relax and try to mentally block out my surroundings once I've set my bag down.