01 | café

chapter 1

----------

----------

"move out of the way!" a black haired boy yelled as he pushed through the crowd while making his way into a small café. He slowly pushed the door open as he inhaled the smell of coffee and fresh cookies as he entered into the café.

He quickly ran to the counter as he tried to catch his breath. "is.. is Wendy here yet?" he spoke, obviously out of breath. "ayo woah calm down dude its 5:37 in the morning calm dow-" the cashier spoke but was suddenly cut off when a loud voice rang through café.

"NO ATHENA ITS 5 CUPS OF SUGAR NOT 8" a familiar and amusing voice yelled. "NO YOU ADDED TOO MUCH SALT AND BUTTER SO IT NEEDS MORE SUGAR" an unfamiliar voice yelled back, which the boy assumed was the girl called 'athena'.

"anyways.. May I ask, who are you and why are you looking for Wendy?" the cashier questioned, curiously staring at the other male while he slightly raised his eyebrows in anticipation.

"oh my bad i forgot to introduce myself" he stated sarcastically. "The names Matthew, unfortunately I'm Wendys roommate. I just need to ask her something." he spoke calmly, as if he was used to this situation.

"ohh so you're Matthew?? Well we've heard alot about you from Wendy, don't worry it's mostly good things" he said while he tried to hold back his laugh. "anyways the names Mark, I'll just check up on Wendy and Athena in the back, they we're assigned baking duty today so it's why she's in the kitchen yelling at everyone" he said while walking towards the kitchen.

"yeah haha.. thanks" he awkwardly laughed as he watched the cashier disappear into the kitchen

beep! beep!

He quickly grabbed his phone from his pocket and stared into the screen. "this isn't good.." he sighed, processing the message. He slowly shoved his phone into his pocket as he took a seat in a chair not to far from him.

After a few minutes a dark shadow slowly loomed over him as he stared at the shadow, unamused.

"what do you want now."

To be continued..