08 | potato

chapter 8

----------

----------

FLASHBACK

Wendy stared outside the window in boredom as Matthew started to rant about history class. That was until, the girl spotted something unusual.

"uh why are there police coming closer and closer to the café"

END OF FLASHBACK

"is there a Matthew here?" one of the officers said as they both scanned through the café, analyzing each person in the café before one of them pulled out his phone.

"I'm Matthew sir, is there a problem?" Matthew hesitantly asked the officer after he stood up from his seat. "you idiot what are you doing?!" Wendy slighty raised her voice at the male as she pulled on his jacket in an attempt to make him sit down.

"You're Matthew? Come with us sir." one of the officers approached him, hand cuffs in hand. "wait what-" Matthew was cut off by the officer as he was dragged to the police car.

"Wait what why?!" Wendy said as the girl attempted to stall the officer. "excuse me, why do you have our friend in hand cuffs?" a voice popped up out of nowhere, soon a figure wearing yellow appeared from a corner. "I'm sorry officer but let us talk it out-" Athena said before getting cut off by the officer as she stood beside Wendy.

"Children, we don't have time to explain, alright? If you wanna know what happened you'll have to go to court, goodbye" the other police officer said before they dragged the yelling boy outside. "no you bloody bastard! Let me go!" Matthew yelled.

"wait we can explain-" Wendy stated before her eyes widened at the sight of the police car moving. "let's go!" Athena yelled at the girl as she linked her right arm on the other girls arm and ran to the entrance.

Time felt as if it was in slow motion as the car drove out of the parking lot and into the highway. The two girls sprinted to the entrance with all their might, until..

"wait-" Wendy exclaimed before tripping on her untied shoelaces, pulling Athena with her. The girls fell onto the floor as they wiped the dust off their clothes. "how in the world did you- oh." Athena said to the girl as she stared at her untied shoelaces

"hurry and tie your damn shoelaces girl.." Athena said as she watched the car get further and further away. "I don't know how okay!" Wendy said as Athena glared at her.

"so you're telling me you've existed in this world for more than 16 years, yet you still don't know how to tie your shoelaces?" Athena deadpanned. ".. yeah" The other girl whispered as Athena tied her shoelaces as quick as she could.