02 | matcha

chapter 2

----------

----------

FLASHBACK

After a few minutes a dark shadow slowly loomed over him as he stared at the shadow, unamused.

"what do you want now."

END OF FLASHBACK

They sat in silence as the loud female glared at him while sitting in the chair across him. "why are you here" she sighed, fixing her bangs as she rubbed her forehead as if his presence alone annoyed her. "well aren't you moody today man" he stated as he glanced at the cafés menu.

"don't worry i didn't burn the apartment down again.. I think" he said, whispering the last part to himself. "what." she sternly stated as she glared daggers at him. If looks could kill he would've been dead 2 minutes ago.

"don't worry about it" he said as he let out an awkward laugh at her. "did you commit a crime? Cus you're wanted in my heart" he said, winking. "why are you trying to rizz me while we're in a serious conversation for once" she laughed before she took the menu and smacked it on his head. "okay okay I'm sorry" he said waving his hands to protect his face. "I'm here to talk to you about something"

"wow it wasn't obvious" she said sarcastically while rolling her eyes and carefully putting the menu back. "damn what did you eat today.. anyways the police showed up to the apartment earlier" he stated calmly as the girl infront of him choked on her spit. "excuse me, what." she said staring at him in shock.

"apperantly someone told the police I was selling drugs at school, can you believe it?!" he said while grabbing his phone from his pocket. "it'll be awhile before they start questioning me about it" he said unlocking his phone. ".. how are you so calm about this whole situation??" the girl stated. She didn't know how to react in this situation. Should she be sad? Angry? Maybe even disappointed?

Sure, she knows about the whole situation. The way her roommate sells white powder that he makes using rocks and claims its drugs. But she just didn't expect him to get reported to the police. After all, this has been going on for awhile. And no one really seemed against it.

"honestly I don't know either" he shrugged. "they'll probably take me to jail or prison. Honestly I still can't tell the difference." he stated as he scrolled through his messages. "I received an anonymous message earlier"

".. an anonymous message" she repeated, seeming to be in deep thought. "well not necessarily anonymous, it was from the police" he said before grabbing the menu and briefly scrolling through it. "the police?! What did they say." she said, slamming her hands on the table.

"woah woah calm down woman" he said hiding behind the menu. "they mentioned how they saw me selling white powder at around 5pm yesterday, I'm confused on why someone would call the police instead of talking to me about it" he said.

"so you're telling me, the police is going to take you to jail. And you're here, trying to rizz me with your pickup lines?" she said, holding back her laughter. ".. yeah" and that was the final straw. They both bursted into fits of laughter and no one knew why. "don't misunderstand though, I'm not into you" he stated after the laughter had died down.

"oh please it's way too obvious that you're gay-" she immediately got cut off when a long haired female walked up to them "hey Wendy! the blueberry muffins are in the oven- oh did i interrupt something? My bad.." she said placing down a plate of cookies on the table "I know you're on your break so I got you cookies" she said slightly pushing the plate of cookies in front of them.

"my name's Athena by the way, nice to meet you..?" she said as she raised her eyebrows "Matthew, my name's Matthew. It's nice to meet you too" he said before staring at the menu once again.

"would you like to order something..?" the girl stated after noticing he was staring at the menu. "uh.. yeah just give me a moment" he said while staring at the menu once again. "is he always like this?" she whispered to the loud girl next to her. "yeah just give him a moment"

"can I get uh.. can I get a matches?" he said hesitantly. "you mean a matcha?" the girl said trying to hold in her laughter. "yes yes uhm one matcha please, thanks" he said staring at the girl as she wrote down his order on her notepad.

"and would you like anything?" she said turning slightly to face her. "yeah just a chocolate milkshake for me" she said turning her head to look out the window.

"alright then! I'll go prepare your drinks" the girl said happily before once again disappearing into the kitchen. "matches, really?" she said chuckling at him. "shut up thank you very much" he said glaring at her.

beep!

He sighed grabbing his phone and opening it. They both stared in shock at the screen that revealed the message

6:04am

[ UNKNOWN ]

UNKNOWN
I know what you are.

To be continued..