09 | friends

chapter 9

----------

----------

FLASHBACK

"how the heck did you broke girls bail me out?" Matthew asks after the guard uncuffed him. "wow what a great way to say thank you" Wendy said, rolling her eyes. "we didn't bail you out, he did" Athena said, pointing towards the waiting room behind her. Matthew peeks over the girls shoulder and sees a potato looking man stare back at him.

The man slowly approached them and stood a few feet away from Matthew.

"hi, I'm Joseph"

END OF FLASHBACK

"hi I'm Joseph" the boy said. They sat in an awkward silence, which consisted of the girls side eyeing eachother while rethinking their life choices. "uhm.. Matthew meet Joseph, he's my distant cousin. And Joseph meet Matthew, he's.. uh" Athena tried to introduce them to eachother.

"he's a friend of mine!" Wendy said, completing the sentence for the other girl. "uhm.. cool. I'm Matthew nice to meet you" Matthew said after processing the whole situation. "if you don't mind me asking, why and how did you bail me out..?" Matthew asked.

"well these girls lowkey forced me-" he tried to explain before getting cut off. "actually, he told us he'd bail you out if we promised to introduce him to you!" the girl in red said, glaring at the potato. The potato looking-male turned a shade of red which disappeared in seconds.

"well.. you don't have proof! how can you prove I actually said that?" he said in a way to defend himself. "actually we have 5 voicemails, and I think around 6 videos of you saying it?" Athena responded in an instant. The two dudes stared at the girls quietly, watching as they quickly scrolled through their phones.

"okay okay you don't actually need to show the proof" Joseph said, quickly snatching their phones. "hey! are you forgetting we're standing in the middle of a police station? I could have you arrested in seconds! give it back or I'll report you of stealing!" Wendy argued after glaring at the potato.

"oh yeah sorry.." Joseph said quietly, giving the phones back as if he was a five year old who got caught eating candy. "we should get out of here before any of us get arrested, again." Athena said before running out the station. The two girls ran out the station, leaving the two alone.

"oh before I forget.. thanks for bailing me out" Matthew said to Joseph. "yeah it's no problem really, how did you get arrested?" Joseph said before walking to the exit, Matthew following him. "yeah long story short.. got accused of selling drugs" Matthew sighed.

"damn.. I'd ask who but I don't wanna invade your privacy" he asked, surprisingly politely. "nah nah it's all good. this girl in my college called Cindy called the cops on me for selling powder made from rocks.." Matthew murmured. "rock powder..? that's.. interesting" Joseph said.

He patiently waited for Matthew before slamming the door in his face. "race you to the car!" Joseph said before running to the car. "wait what?! why when where what whose car?!" Matthew yelled and ran after the potato.

After awhile of running, they finally got to the car, laughing and breathing rather aggressively. "did yall make out or something" Wendy said, sipping on a juice box. "No we did not! Why would you even think so?!" Matthew exclaimed, trying hard not to punch the girl.

"I mean you're both out of breath, you're reallyyyyyyy red, and you're both staring at eachother intensely or something" Athena reasoned, emphasizing the word 'really'. "whose car is this anyways?" Matthew said, trying to change the topic.

"oh well, it's mine!" Athena exclaimed happily. "how in the world did you afford this.." Matthew asked, staring at the car. "blah blah blah questions for later get in or we're leaving yall" Wendy said, jokingly flipping them off.

The two boys got in the backseat, staying far away from eachother. "why are yall acting like Cindys hairline" Wendy said making Matthew chuckle. "I've never seen Cindy, but if that's what her hairline looks like.." Athena whispered.

"look at this" Wendy whispered to the girl. "oh my-" Athena gasped at the photo. "and I thought Joseph had a bad hairline.." Athena whispered causing Wendy and Matthew to laugh. "hey I heard that!" Joseph yelled. "yeah yeah whatever, where shall we go?" Athena said, starting up the cars engine.

"shall we go to a theme park perhaps? I heard there's a new one that opened around-" Joseph got cut off by a loud scream. "HELL YEAH! LET'S GOOOO!!" Wendy and Matthew exclaimed in sync, causing Athena and Joseph to deadpan.

"we don't even know where it is.." Athena said. "oh." Wendy and Matthew exhaled. "but nothing google maps can't solve!" Athena said excitedly. "YEAHHHHHH!?!!?!" Matthew yelled as Wendy searched up theme parks on Athenas phone.

"hey! potato man! what's the theme park called again?" Wendy asked. ".. I'm not sure it was something like 'lifes funfair quest' or-" he got cut off.. again. "found it! it's a bit far away but it's only a 30 minute drive!" Wendy said, showing the phone to Athena.

"are yall available until 5pm or so?" Athena asked, receiving a few yells and a nod in response. "then let's go!" she said, opening google maps and driving off.

To be continued..