1: It's a Yes

The scene where Anupamaa reveals Kinjal's pregnancy before everyone.

Anu came down from Kinjal's room, all excited. She had a different glow on her face.

Anuj's heart fluttered in anticipation. He already knew her answer, but he wanted to hear it from her. His Anu accepted his proposal to be his forever. His wife!

She ran down the stairs, touched Baapuji's feet, and twirled Samar around, stopping near the stereo. She switched on the music and danced her heart out (classic Anupamaa way of expressing excitement :)) ).

The last twirl and the announcement was made. "I am going to become a grandmother soon. My Kinjal is pregnant."

Everyone's happiness knew no bounds. They rejoiced, laughed, and danced together. Anuj was numb. He was battling with his feelings. He was excited for her, too. His Anu was happy. That's all he needed. Right? Then why the fear? The restlessness?

His gaze was stuck on his Anu. But despite that, his entire being was tense. He was...hurt?

He saw Vanraj grab Anu's hands instinctively out of joy. His breath paused. Anu pulled back her hands and ran towards her Anuj, all smiling. She was about to hug him excitedly but got conscious of the surroundings in the nick of time. Anuj saw her pure unadulterated joy; he saw how she wanted to include him in every moment of hers. Something in his heart fell back right into place. He flashed her his most charming smile in return. This time on, he was genuinely happy.

Anu's eyes fell on the sindoor dibbi lying on the ground beside the vase. She went near it and picked it up inconspicuously. She looked into Anuj's eyes again. The brightness had dimmed a bit. Was it guilt that had taken its place? Her demeanor was restless. But how could Anuj comfort her in front of so many people?

She made an excuse to leave the house. Anuj followed her out.

He saw her crying uncontrollably, sitting on a bench.

He kneeled beside her.

She looked up but couldn't quite meet his gaze. She held his hand as if gesturing him to sit beside her. He did.

"I am sorry, Anuj. I know I showed you the ray of hope and broke it. Believe me. I wanted to tell everyone. I wanted to announce to the world how I love you and want to marry you...."

All the while she said this, she was constantly looking down, fiddling with her pallu.

"Hey, hey, Anu, please calm down. You don't need to explain yourself to me....Oh my god, wait, what?! What did you just say? It..it's a yes??"

Anu looked up with wide eyes and bit her tongue. She realized her folly a little too late.

Looking at him with puppy eyes, she said, "Nahi to, a yes to what? I didn't say anything like that."

"Stop playing games with me. Warna main naraaz ho jaunga. Batao na. I cannot believe it; my heart needs to hear it from my Anu."

She giggled.

"Of course, it's a yes, my Bholuram. A thousand times, yes! I Love you, I MaAn you, and I want to grow old with you. Only with you."

Anuj's happiness knew no bounds. He was bursting with euphoria. Tears streamed down his cheeks. He smiled, laughed, and cried all together. His Anu was officially going to be his now. His wife.

Anu's heart swelled, looking at her Kapadia Ji's happiness. How could anyone love so? The desperation, passion, and affection Anuj exhibited for her sent butterflies fluttering through her stomach. She was blushing!