6: It's Only Ours: Teasing and Family

This one starts off from where the previous one ended. 

Anuj cups Anu's cheek gently, as she leans into his hand.

"Ab thik ho tum?"

She sighs softly, smiling, as she holds his hand cupping her face. She closes her eyes basking in his warmth.

"Haan..." saying, she slowly opened her eyes, looking at him with all the love. He looked into her eyes. Where there was an unknown storm a moment ago, was replaced by a serene calmness. He just kept staring into her eyes. It seemed to be the most calming scene his eyes had witnessed in the last 26 years.

"Kya dekh rahe hain?"

"Sukoon.."

"Sukoon?"

"Haan. Tumhaari aankhon mein... yeh sukoon dekh kar na, mujhe aisa lag rha hai, mere 26 saalon ka intezaar safal ho gaya. Un saalon ki tadap, bechaini, ek pal mein hi gaayab..."

"Yeh kuch zyaada hi nahi ho gaya?" she giggled, blushing slightly.

"Nahi to. Sach hai... mere khayaal se aaya hai na yeh sukoon.. isse khoobsurat aur kya hi hoga?"

"Oph course, Anuj. Aap khush hain, bas.. main bhi khush. Becoj, I MaAn you."

"Uff uff uff... jaan hi lelo bande ki tum."

"Kya kuch bhi.." she looked down holding her bindi.

Anuj put his finger under her chin, and made her look up.

"Tumne pehli baar mujhse kuch maanga, aur wo bhi meri qaamyabi?"

"Mm-hmm. Humaari qaamyabi. Aap hi to kehte hain na, 'Ab se no tera mera. Sab sirf humaara.' To saphalta, uske saath aane wali khushiyaan. Sab hum dono ki hui na?"

He sighed in content. "Hmm... baat to sahi hai."

"Sahi hi hogi na. Mein bohot sayaani hoon."

"Acha ji?"

"Oph course. I em Anuj Kapadia's to-be-wife."

"Oye hoye.." he laughed heartily at her smug face.

"Waise... I MaAn you, too," he said as he finally stopped giggling. She blushed hard and fiddled with her pallu.

"Acha ab bas, aapko koi kaam nahi hai na Anuj? Phlirt karna hai.."

"Arre. Yeh sahi hai... tum kaho to sab chalta hai?"

"Haan to? Abhi aapko halwa nahi banana? Jamai hain aap. Zaraa dhyaan rakhiye..." she said, a little smug.

"Jo hukum to-be biwi ji. Baat to sahi hai. Apne maayke ka dhyaan to rakhna chahiye."

"Aapka maayka? Mera maayka hai woh"

"Mm-hmm. Hum dono ka maayka hai wo."

"To Sasural?"

"Koi sasural nahi. Kanta Maa-ji meri Maa, aur meri male-gender wali mummy tumhari. Hum dono mein na koi sasural nahi. Only maayka. No formality, only pyaar," he said grinning widely.

Anu teared up, as she smiled at him brightly and looked away wiping a tear.

"Arre.. Kya hua? Tum ro kyun rahi ho?"

She giggled through her tears, slightly pulling his cheeks and cupping his face.

"Aap, itne pyaare kyun hain?"