2: In Each Other's Company: The Promise

They reached the gate of SH. It was only then that they realized that they had been holding hands and staring at each other the entire time. It was a good thing there were no potholes on the way :))

As Anu was about to step in, still holding his hand, Anuj stopped her.

"Suno na Anu, mujhe abhi waapas andar nahi jaana. I am extremely happy that my Anu will be mine, officially. I don't want to jinx it by going back in there. Because let's face it, Baa and Vanraj are never going to be best buddies with me."

Anu giggled at his antics.

"Acha thik hai baba, mat rukiye aap. But will it be okay if I stay? You wouldn't mind na?"

"Arre mujhe kya problem hogi? Of course, ruko. Tumhari family hai, and you have got such excellent news today. I wouldn't ever want you to miss out on the celebration of such an important day of your life, birthday girl!"

"Girl? Ab ye kuch zyada nahi ho gaya? It's an important day for you too. Are you sure it will be alright?"

"Anu, we are going to be life partners. We don't need permission from each other to do anything. Bataana zaroori hota hai. Poochhna nahi. Our identities are not limited to each other, na? We have other roles to play too. Jao tum. Bindass. And as far as our special day is concerned, aaogi to tum ghar hi. We'll have our own personal celebration there."

He winked. Anu blushed red and looked everywhere but him.

"Tum kaka ko bhej do bahaar, and you go and enjoy to your fullest. And congratulate and bless Kinjal from my side too. I will be waiting for my Anu at home."

Anu flashed a bright smile.

"Thik che. Aap shanti se jaiyega, and please text me once you reach home. I will try to come as soon as possible. I want to celebrate our moment to the fullest."

"Yes ma'am jaisa aap kahein, ab jao bhi.."

Anu walked into the SH, and in a matter of 5 mins, GK walked out. He saw his lovestruck son smiling like an idiot but didn't have the heart to tease him. After so long had he seen him glowing so with happiness.

Anuj dropped GK at home and drove to his rented apartment. As soon as he entered the flat, he had just fished out his phone from his pocket to text Anu, when it beeped.

"Pahoch gaye, Anuj? I will try to come as soon as possible."

Smiling, he shook his head.

"Ha Anu, pahoch gaya, ekdum safe and sound. Kaka ko bhi drop kar diya hai. You don't worry. Just enjoy your moments. Take your time. I don't mind, really. We will pakka celebrate once you reach home. Love you.."

Anu was sitting amidst the SH people, and this man was making her blush!

"Love you too", and she went offline.

Anuj laughed, threw his phone down on the sofa, and went inside the bathroom to freshen up.

~~~

Anupamaa reached her apartment building, and instead of going to Anuj's apartment, she went straight to her apartment.

She freshened up and changed into a light cotton saree. She was going to celebrate with her man, her home, and her comfort. That didn't need any dressing up, did it? She could be truly herself around him.

She proceeded to the kitchen to make some chocolate fudge. What's a celebration with Anuj Kapadia, without any chocolate?

She was humming, dancing, and twirling around the kitchen while at it. She had received two biggest joys of her life at once. She was the happiest she had ever been. She was glowing. Being in love was becoming of her.